Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sista

Weather In Venice

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what kind of weather to expect on the Venice / Adriatic around mid to the end of may ? I have been looking at a possible cruise but unsure if it will be warm enough ?

Venice has a lot to offer even if it is wet as it was when we docked there, although it was not in may, but I would go no matter what the weather was doing ;) Ron

you are very correct though have not actually been there when it is to hot but I can imagine the smell from basically stagnant water. ;) Ron

I was in Venice last May and the weather was beautiful. However I think it fair to say that the whole of Europe is suffering weather problems at present so probably best to look at one of the long range weather sites nearer the time. 

I think we are unlucky out of six visits to Venice it has rained on four of them, although not all the time. When it rained it was like a tropical storm, it even flooded and duck boards were put out. However it is a fantastic place, one of my favorites. we bought our wedding rings there many years ago and have to revisit the shop each visit. If it rains visit the doges palace, it is amazing in heavy rain, all the gargoyles channel water so it looks like a huge fountain. 

Ive only been twice but was very hot, did have a shower early hours once. The fjords cruises are for me very scenic but dont think i would do another, we have had some sun, but mostly cool, windy, and dam well raining, especially Bergen been there nine times and it has rained all day on eight of them, even had a shower on the ninth visit.

It has rained on my last 2 visits to Venice ,the last visit was during the month of September , it rained all day until we were leaving port at 5 pm & then the sun came out !

That's bad luck NS. But, on the plus side, it's got to be sunny next time surely :)