Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Viking River Cruise Program 2015

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any further information on Vikings 2015 launch, nothing on their web site yet?

Apparently mailings have been sent to past passengers & they have been taking bookings?

I had a look but they don't show inside the cabins or ships,have to ask for a price before anything so not to bothered....Did a river cruise back in 1992 for our silver wedding loved it but ship are a lot posher now...

I saw a river cruise boat when I was in the Black Sea last year, I can't remember where it was so would be either Yalta or Odessa… It was a right dilapidated thing…

I wonder how you would get on if you were on a river cruise and you suddenly got the flooding that we have now…

I received the Viking River cruises brochure this week listing their 2015 program. If you have not got a copy give them a call and ask for one to be sent.

Does anyone have any further information on Vikings 2015 launch, nothing on their web site yet?

Apparently mailings have been sent to past passengers & they have been taking bookings?

They certainly have RiverSong, mine was awaiting on our recent return from Oz.

13533655415_5b1eb0d557_z.jpg

Interestingly they haven't yet got a picture of my next Viking ship, the Hemming. It was only launched this month so I have had to make a representation in anticipation of my blog from the Douro...

13533754405_ff4ddd6782_z.jpg 

Dont know if ive looked in all thr wron places but compared with an ocean cruise i think river cruises are expensive.

Ah, but are you comparing like-for-like?

Certainly Viking River Cruises offer a very superior product and for practicality sake the river cruise is all-inclusive.

Take a look...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/07/26/viking-clara-schumann-prague-to-berlin/ 

does anybody know about the new viking ocean star for next year??

i think this is something im looking for :)

It certainly is.

I am booked on it for the Maiden season - not the Maiden Voyage though.

If it is anything like their River Cruises then it's going to be very good.

It certainly is.

I am booked on it for the Maiden season - not the Maiden Voyage though.

If it is anything like their River Cruises then it's going to be very good.

single rate

Hi  I haven't tried Viking River Cruises but as a solo traveller the cruise line charges a 100% single supplement which I refuse to pay, however, the travel agent suggested I tried Uniworld (more expensive for couples) but  I was quoted price which included a single supplement of only 25% making it significantly cheaper than their competitors.  If Viking's Ocean single supplement is 100% (I suspect it will be) I doubt whether I will be sailing with this line unless a special reduced single supplement late deal comes along.