Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RiverSong

Norwegian Cruise Line Launches Ultimate Dining Package

11 posts in this topic

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an all-new way for guests to have access to one of Norwegian’s specialty restaurants every night of their cruise. Called “Norwegian’s Ultimate Dining Package,”

The price of this is dependent on the cruise length & starting from just $59.00 per person.

With the ever popular introduction of specialty restaurants on all cruise lines, I wonder how long it will take the others to follow suit?

The food in all restaurants is excellent but this is something I personally would consider doing?

What about you?

I love variety so I would definitely consider it depending on the cost per night and the cost of the speciality restaurants.  You just have to weigh it up.

If sailing on NCL (I haven't, yet) I'd definitely want to try lots of the dining options, just as I've tried all of the options on Celebrity Eclipse & Infinity.

RiverSong likes this

They will always advertise the lowest price, (companies are sneaky like that :P ).  Its the concept of paying extra to be able to dine in them all I was wondering about, & what people thought of this?

will it start to be the end of the main restaurants then? and as the ships get bigger with more space, have 10-15 speciality/themed restaurants and have dining packages like they do drinks packages. norwegian do like to do things different dont they lol

This may become the "norm" in the future Furby :D Don't think they will get rid of the main resturants at least I hope they don't, the dining is such a part of the experiance with most lines :)

I don't think silver service is having your meat etc already on the plate and then having your veggies etc served.

Silver service means everything of the meal is served to you from platters or dishes. Believe me I have done silver service including serving an Archbishop his evening meal at a rather up market function.

Hi It seems to me that cruise lines are taking a leaf out of Ryanair's business model ie sell the basic hoiday cheap and if you require any extras you have to pay for them.  Princess charge for using an exclusive deck space (better mattress on the sun loungers and more space resulting in even less space for those who don't).  Speciality dining venues are now the norm and unless you book on a more expensive cruise line they are charged.  Most "educational" courses on crusie lines are now charged whereas as they used to be free.  The changes are altering the nature of cruising but as most cruisers have only started cruising in the last decade or less they don't know anything else.  I can see that even more items will become supplementary but that's just the world we live in!

Going back to the original question, I think it is a good idea river song.  I agree with Duncan though that you do have to weigh it up.  I've sailed with NCL before and the wide range of dining options is one of the things I loved most about the cruise but the speciality restaurants can rack up a bill by the time you get to the end of your cruise, so yes I would consider the package.  I think it's frustrating that it's called 'The Ultimate Package' when it doesn't include all dining venues but I guess that's what you would have to weigh us as Duncan says.