Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Pesky Pirate

Message For The Moderating Team…

10 posts in this topic

Hi there,

As you know or have probably gathered we are all enjoying the forum and are managing to find out most of how to do things on here.

However there are some of us, myself included, that haven't as yet sorted the idea of photographs and avatars and other such things and how to put them onto the site.

Would it be possible for you to do a little group of lectures on how to do this, together with the sizes whether it is by byte or measurement on uploads please.

I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks

Pesky Pirate…     :)

Tally likes this

Morning Pesky Pirate  

If you look to the bottom of the forum there's a ‘Help’ link, I believe most of the information you require will be there - http://www.cruiseclubforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=help  

post-15-0-78259700-1393406838.png

As for your avatar or profile pic, simply click on the picture in the top right hand corner.  

post-15-0-43345300-1393406540.png

That will take you to your profile page. Click ‘Change’ on the picture and it recommends that your picture should be 200px or larger. I assume it's best if the picture is already a squarish shape but it does say that you can crop the photo once uploaded.

post-15-0-50741900-1393406571_thumb.png

When adding a pictures to a topic you need to click on 'more reply options', this will allow you to upload pictures.

post-15-0-27732500-1393406592.png

The max file size is 8MB, although a file of that size may take a while depending on your internet connection.  

Looks like I beat admin to it  :P

tom

sorry to butt in on someone else's question but when I try to upload a photograph of myself ( taken by my wife ) it says it is too large it was only taken with an ordinary digital camera any ideas ? ;) Ron

Morning Ron,

If you use one of the photo web sites like Fuji then you can reduce the size of the photo to one that is acceptable to the website you are trying to post it on. Even though it is taken with what you describe as an ordinary digital camera it is still probably too large for many web sites.

Tom Cruise likes this

thanks for the prompt reply OWT I will give it a go. when I say ordinary it is not an all singing all dancing one I would not have the patience or brains to use one of them ;) Ron

tom

sorry to butt in on someone else's question but when I try to upload a photograph of myself ( taken by my wife ) it says it is too large it was only taken with an ordinary digital camera any ideas ? ;) Ron

Hi Ron

As OWT says the photograph will need to be reduced in size. If you have any photo editing programs on your computer you can use them. Alternatively there are plenty of websites that will resize your photo instantly, like here - http://www.imageoptimizer.net/

Remember not to overwrite the original photo with the smaller version. Suggest saving the smaller version in a different location or with a different file name.

Hope that helps.

Harvey likes this