Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

solly

2Hours Pre Check-In Not Enough With Easyjet.

13 posts in this topic

My flight was for 8.10am and I arrived at Gatwick (North) at 5.45a.m. Plenty of time I would have thought for checking in and a browse around the Duty Free. Even time for a breakfast one would think. Well everybody travelling with Easyjet checks in their luggage at the same check-ins. As I got to the front of the queue my flight number was called for boarding. So no I did not have time to even grab a coffee, which means that the Airport are missing out here on people have a spend before they go on their way. I did not choose the airline, it was all part of the package, but I will try to avoid this happening in the future. I felt sorry for anyone that was not a good traveller because this long wait was very stressful and then followed by a Policeman removing 3 Men from the airport bus. Not good.  So come on Easyjet  get back to how you used to have us check in, much easier.  

It's been several years since I boarded a flight and required more than hand luggage.  Do EasyJet offer a fast-track baggage drop-off for those who have checked in online?  You'd think this would be the quickest option?

Of course with only hand luggage you can arrive at the airport and proceed straight through security without visiting any check-in desk queue at all!

Sorry Solly,

I would never dream these days (in fact that is quite late going back a few years) of arriving only two hours before a flight is due to leave. Checking-in and baggage drop, then security followed by a long walk usually to get to the gate. Also, what else is happening in your life that you can't arrive really early just to be sure. I'd always err on the side of caution and not allow any chance that my holiday might be ruined.

And you thought you were going to get time for duty free and breakfast, think on.

RayO

Sorry Solly,

I would never dream these days (in fact that is quite late going back a few years) of arriving only two hours before a flight is due to leave. Checking-in and baggage drop, then security followed by a long walk usually to get to the gate. Also, what else is happening in your life that you can't arrive really early just to be sure. I'd always err on the side of caution and not allow any chance that my holiday might be ruined.

And you thought you were going to get time for duty free and breakfast, think on.

RayO

I think that's a little unfair to Solly.

As I said in my previous post, I was recently flying a lot from Edinburgh Airport with online checkin and hand luggage only and found that I could go from arriving at the airport to being sat having a coffee in about 15 minutes.  Sometimes less.

If that's what you were used to, then you might not think that the queue to check luggage would be an hour and a half long!  I'd be pretty appalled if I had to wait in line for that long simply to check in.

I stand by what I've said. Firstly Edinburgh ain't Gatwick (yes I can compare both) and secondly why take a chance? It just isn't worth ruining your holiday. You're going on holiday what else is happening in your life at that time?

RayO

I stand by what I've said. Firstly Edinburgh ain't Gatwick (yes I can compare both) and secondly why take a chance? It just isn't worth ruining your holiday. You're going on holiday what else is happening in your life at that time?

RayO

That's very true.  I'm forgetting that this was at Gatwick Airport.  Then again I've flown from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, London City, and Heathrow and not experienced any of those sorts of delays.  Then again, I've never flown EasyJet.

I agree in principle though with allowing extra time, but that might be difficult if you're not a regular traveller and don't know how much time is sensible.  In that case you'd quite rightly go by the airlines recommendation of 2 hours before departure.  If they can't get you through in that time, then they should really increase their recommendation.

I agree totally with Rayo (sorry) but I would sooner be early than late at least it gives you time to get through security which although essential can be a nightmare then have a have a relaxed meal and find were your departure gate is and let the wife have a stroll round the perfume counters after all you are starting your holiday, whether it is EasyJet or British Airways ;) Ron

This sounds like an absolute nightmare - however I can't imagine that we will ever fly again - at least I hope not.   Easily the most stressful thing ever - the boredom of the airport and the complete and utter boredom and squash of sitting in a tube for several hours - no, never again.   

Sorry you had a bad time Solly - I hope the holiday was worth it.

A few years ago we turned up at Gatwick for an Easyjet flight. I had paid for preferential boarding. We arrived at the gate, supposedly by recommendations at the expected boarding time, though not with plenty of time to spare, to find a crowd of people gathered around the boarding gate. My wife wanted to queue the British way. I said that we'd paid extra so I dived in as politely as possible waving my boarding pass. We were forcibly allowed through (they cleared a path for us and a few others who took my lead) by the Easyjet check-in people. It was like a mob. In that situation I blamed the people as much as Easyjet , but in my mind it set an example of what to expect.

We have travelled with Easyjet several times since and that was the worst, but I never expect it to be easy. I always arrive really early and that is not just for Easyjet flights. Most airlines these days are budget carriers, so expect what you pay for.

RayO

on my fly cruise from birmingham we have to check 3 hrs prior to departure, yes its a wait but we did manage to have a nice cooked breakfast and wonder the shops as well.  Apart from queuing I have noticed the security checks are taking longer these days as well.

Hi, we experience a similar experience with EastJet going to Innbruck from Gatwick, the queue was massive, they were calling the flights out to pull us forward for check in.  I fly Luton to Edinburgh regularly with Easy Jet and never have a problem there.  I think there are just so many Easy Jet flights from Gatwick.  They need to get it sorted.  It was husbands first experience of Easy Jet and he will never travel with them again.  Before I book anything now I check who the carrier will be