Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maureenmargret

Single

5 posts in this topic

I am single female I would love to go on cruise but being single I don't like the supliment and all offers are for 2 people. There must be someone else like me would not mind sharing a cabin with another single person ,

Understand your plight but I think you would have to get to know somebody pretty well before you could share a cabin with them there would be a lot of factors to take into account.

Why not try a short break cruise to give your self an idea about cruising you might even meet like minded people ;) Ron

Hi  As a occasional single cruiser you have the same problem as many single passengers that many cruise lines charge IMO an excessive single fee occupancy rate.  I refuse to pay these excessive supplements but don't fear you will be able to cruise without incuring these "rip off" fares.  Many cruise lines offer single supplements at reasonable rates for cruiises outside the peak seasons.  Even Cunard (who charge a whooping 100% supplement on better accomodation) have advertised some cruises in winter at nil supplement.   Fred Olsen have a few cruises carrying 0% supplements but not on cheaper inside cabins.  A company I can recommend is Azamara (fly cruises only) they often charge only 25% extra on many itineraries outside peak season they appear to be expensive but most items are included in the boarding fare (tips, drinks etc but more importantly much better dining and levels of service).  In summary you can cruise as a solo person at reasonable cost but probably not in peak season and you have a more limited choice of cruise line and itineray, however, booking early is usaully not an option most of the "better" deals for solo travellers are not advertised until twelve weeks or sooner than the departure date.

Welcome from me too….

If I might add… just because a ship sells single cabins… PLEASE DO NOT accept that these will be more cost effective than paying a single supplement. From what I can gather some of these cabins can be more than a similar double cabin and paying a single supplement or the difference can be minimal. if you get my gist…..  :wacko: