Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bill Jeffries

Just Booked Fjord Cruise.

15 posts in this topic

Assuming you are sailing with P&O Gratuities are added to your onboard account automatically about £4 pp a day dress code depends how long the cruise is and where you are sailing to.In the Caribbean you will have fewer black tie nights and more casual but on a typical two week cruise you will have about Four Black tie and the rest will be split between semi casual and casual but you will be informed in your booking papers or you can ask Bolsover to find out for you ;) Ron

Hello Bill welcome to the forum . Bolsover has a good advice section for people new to cruising if you check their home page bottom left column click on NEW TO CRUISING and this will open up a whole section of topics on gratuities !dress codes etc .

I book with the Cruise agent mentioned by the previous members.You get all the details at the time of booking,should,nt have to chase round looking for answers & help elsewhere. I would not be happy having to do that.

Hello there Bill!

Well, as with any good quality vessel, or row boat, it depends on days at sea. Bow tie or something quite English (sorry, British).

Tips! Anytime dining is all inclusive, otherwise visit the desk and state your pref.

Fjord cruise is not Baltic which we have just booked (Sat 22nd March for June 2016. When we were on the Celebrity Equinox we were at the bar (as you do) and this wonderful couple sugested: http://denrus-us.com/custom/custtourdetail.php?custview_id=1

So, there you go; or pehaps sail.

www.egyptholiday.talktalk.net 

Assuming you are sailing with P&O Gratuities are added to your onboard account automatically about £4 pp a day dress code depends how long the cruise is and where you are sailing to.In the Caribbean you will have fewer black tie nights and more casual but on a typical two week cruise you will have about Four Black tie and the rest will be split between semi casual and casual but you will be informed in your booking papers or you can ask Bolsover to find out for you ;) Ronin fact breath taking.

Would also like to add that casual does not mean jeans, trainers, T shirt. ;)

As some have told you take a brolly, ive been to Bergen 9 times (not all cruises) and only once was it not raining, last time it absolutely thumped it down all day. They are good cruises, scenery is awesome, in fact breath taking.

I would like to point out that you do NOT have to pay P&O daily charge to cover tips, if you do not wish to do so.  Call at reception on arrival and tell them you would rather tip yourself, should you feel anyone has deserved it, and they will give you a short form to complete.  We always tip and always chose this method.  I refuse to be told how much I should give anyone and, if the service is poor, why I should tip at all!!  Rant over, sorry.  Wonderful cruise by the way - we went last June - lovely weather and stunning scenery.

Help! Just booked North Cape & Summer Solstice cruise in June with Princess. We are going above the Arctic Circle. What clothes should we pack for the excursions off the ship? Could it be sunny but very cold, in otherwords would we need our winter coats etc. Thanks

I did this voyage a while ago, the best advice someone gave me was a quality windproof jacket with thinner layers underneath. The jacket was worth its weight in gold as I never felt I was cold. It was a contrast in temperatures from cold to balmy sunshine  walking round in a tshirt so layers are the order of the day.