Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ahoy

Insurance For World Cruises

6 posts in this topic

It seems so hard to get insurance for a world cruise a family member of mine is looking to go and they cannot find anyone who will insure them for the full cruise ?

Hi Ali,

I would have thought (and I might be wrong) that most cruise lines would have an insurance option in place for world cruises. However, I asked my insurance company how I would stand if I wanted to do a world cruise (I wish) as I am only covered for 90 days at a time and they said that you can book them as a one off, similar to gap year insurance for students. I do mine with BUPA worldwide so it is worth giving them a call. For info, I do have pre-existing conditions and I have full cover. With a world cruise make sure that the full cost of the cruise is also covered with whomever you choose to go with.

Just an additional thought, make sure that you get your home insurance cover sorted aswell as most companies will have restrictions…

Hope that helps…  B)

ron likes this

Hi Ali,

I would have thought (and I might be wrong) that most cruise lines would have an insurance option in place for world cruises. However, I asked my insurance company how I would stand if I wanted to do a world cruise (I wish) as I am only covered for 90 days at a time and they said that you can book them as a one off, similar to gap year insurance for students. I do mine with BUPA worldwide so it is worth giving them a call. For info, I do have pre-existing conditions and I have full cover. With a world cruise make sure that the full cost of the cruise is also covered with whomever you choose to go with.

Just an additional thought, make sure that you get your home insurance cover sorted aswell as most companies will have restrictions…

Hope that helps…  B)

Page 246 of P&O's new brochure covers exactly that..." There are three different levels of cover available to suit any cruise holiday"

Page 181 of Cunard's new brochure gives roughly the same message.

They offer a website...   www.holidayextras.com/cunard   or /pocruises.

We always take out insurance for our world cruises with Staysure and we also get extra cover for cancellation. You need to make sure are cover for at least £25-000 minimum in case you have to cancel.

Paul3349 likes this