Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northern Star

Finest At Sea

12 posts in this topic

Interesting article on luxury cruising on P8 of Bolsovers latest Into the Blue magazine .

It lists the Luxury cruise lines as Azamara , Crystal , Oceania , Regent , Seabourn & Silversea ,it also gives the reasons why we choose to sail with these lines for their exceptional quality & service.

Good reading ...thanks Bolsover for another interesting magazine.

Hi  I am a cruiser who used to sail of the normal cruise lines (P&O, Cunard and Celebrity etc) these were fine even ten/fifteen years ago but the change in the marketing  to a sell  them cheap and pack them in has led to a drastic fall in the had the quality of the product.  I had the opportunity to get a great deal on aSilversea cruise about seven years ago and this company offered all I wished for in a cruise - good dining and service.   Unfortunately there's no going back to the standard lines you do notice the cutbacks and you can't help but compare the two types of cruises.   Once I had experienced the luxury cruise market I knew I would rather have one cruise on these vessels than multiple cruises on the cheaper options.  I have subsequently tried Seabourn, Crystal and Azamara.   I was surprised Bolsover didn't mention some of the top luxury cruise lines namely Hapag Lloyd, Seadream and Hebredian Princess.

Hi  I am a cruiser who used to sail of the normal cruise lines (P&O, Cunard and Celebrity etc) these were fine even ten/fifteen years ago but the change in the marketing  to a sell  them cheap and pack them in has led to a drastic fall in the had the quality of the product.  I had the opportunity to get a great deal on aSilversea cruise about seven years ago and this company offered all I wished for in a cruise - good dining and service.   Unfortunately there's no going back to the standard lines you do notice the cutbacks and you can't help but compare the two types of cruises.   Once I had experienced the luxury cruise market I knew I would rather have one cruise on these vessels than multiple cruises on the cheaper options.  I have subsequently tried Seabourn, Crystal and Azamara.   I was surprised Bolsover didn't mention some of the top luxury cruise lines namely Hapag Lloyd, Seadream and Hebredian Princess.

I agree Land Ahoy but it was nice to see they quite rightly still included Azamara in their luxury listings considering that Berlitz had recently downgraded them !

DavidH and Land Ahoy like this

For some reason I don't seem to get their magazine…. will give them a ring …..

I definitely would TPP as there are some very interesting articles in it .The last one was edition 4 and I always enjoy reading them.

Hi  I do like Azamara and the standards on board are of a very high, however, the small size of their cabins do prevent the cruise line from being classed as a "true" luxury line.  I do believe in spite of this they are probably the best value top notch cruise line on the market.

DavidH likes this

Hi Land Ahoy , I agree the cabins and showers are not the largest , but I do feel they offer a quality cruise experience at a very good price.

When I first sailed with them nobody had heard of them , Celebrity cruises were advertising them at the time as their new 6 star cruise experience. I wasn't disappointed.

Our first cruise was on a Renaissance ship with Swan Hellenic and we were hooked on the smaller ships.

Azamara are terrific, the staff on board wonderful,  however we moved up to a club continent suite and that level makes them expensive.I still look for good itinerary and offers on them.

Hi Piscean glad you also appreciate the R class ships we are are a real fan of them , must try the club continent suite for a special treat in the future.

My new Azamara brochure arrived this morning so will enjoy looking through that this evening!