Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

What's Your Tipple?

25 posts in this topic

Hi  What's your favourite drink while enjoying your relaxing cruise.   Do you try something novel or keep to the drinks you have at home?   I rarely drink alcohol until the evening but if the weather is particularly hot I may have a beer with lunch whether I am on the ship or ashore.  I usually have a pre-dinner martini (usually an expresso martini) which I would never consider having at home.  During dinner I will have a glass of wine (usually selected to work with my menu choices), I usually have a brandy/malt whisky or a Irish coffee after the dessert course.  In  the shows and the lounges during the evenings I will order a couple of beers.     If you don't drink alcohol do you try virgin cocktails, smoothies and drinkable coffees (usually charged for)? 

I like a cider or a beer at lunchtime and my favourite pre dinner tipple is a Marguerita - something I have tried to do at home, but it never tastes the same.   One glass of red usually with dinner.   OH likes Sauvignon Blanc, but I can't drink still white wine these days - hence the glass of red.  

Puss, the reason why it doesn't taste the same at home is because you haven't got the sun and undulation of the waves around you…. good reason to go on a cruise…  :)

I completely agree PP.   One of my favourite tipples is Campari and Soda - something I could drink anywhere - but it only tastes good when the sun is shining - funny that!

On a cruise I always have a glass of wine with lunch. Normally the cocktail of the day, or a Pimms, in the afternoon. A (large) sherry before dinner then wine with dinner.

At home I usually have a glass of wine with lunch, a sherry before dinner and a glass or two of wine with dinner. Having said that - in the summer I quite often have a glass of Pimms in the afternoon. (Hic!)  :unsure:  You only live once!

cheers

Harvey

Glass of white wine or a beer with lunch depending on what I'm eating, in the afternoon cocktail of the day if its Pina Colada or that blue curacao cocktail, glass of champagne before dinner or a Pimms, white wine for dinner (Sauvignon Blanc), black filter coffee, or liqueur coffee, with Brandy, Whisky or Tia Maria. Once I had a B52 cocktail, it had Baileys (love Baileys), and (maybe) Kahlua or something similar, and they set fire to it. I was in a dark bar at the time (the band was performing) and I had to make sure the blue flame had died down before I took a sip ! I'd probably like Brandy Alexander too. Gosh I like a lot of naughty stuff don't I?

Glass of white wine or a beer with lunch depending on what I'm eating, in the afternoon cocktail of the day if its Pina Colada or that blue curacao cocktail, glass of champagne before dinner or a Pimms, white wine for dinner (Sauvignon Blanc), black filter coffee, or liqueur coffee, with Brandy, Whisky or Tia Maria. Once I had a B52 cocktail, it had Baileys (love Baileys), and (maybe) Kahlua or something similar, and they set fire to it. I was in a dark bar at the time (the band was performing) and I had to make sure the blue flame had died down before I took a sip ! I'd probably like Brandy Alexander too. Gosh I like a lot of naughty stuff don't I?

Just reminded me - I also have a glass of port with my cheese and biscuits at dinner. 

Spent quite a bit of time holidaying in France over the years and have developed a taste for Pastis, with ice (and water on the side) for a pre-dinner drink. Perfect for sunnier climes. Choose wines to match starter, then main courses. Always but always finish the night sat on the balcony with a cognac. Funnily enough, I'm not very good at early breakfasts.

Land Ahoy likes this

OOh PP - they are usually to be found in the Costa area or there was always a liqueur coffee of the day - they were an absolute godsend in Crows Nest on Artemis during our Christmas Markets cruise - the first place we headed for when getting back on the ship.

So do we - she was a lovely little ship.   She's looking lovely now though - the Germans have done a nice job with her.

A glass of chilled Pinot Grigio Rose or Sancerre when relaxing on the balcony, watching the sea drift by and trying to get some inspiration. An old fashioned Gin & Tonic for social drinking and gatherings. If in the UK and out with friends a pint of decent real ale preferably Ruddles which you can't get on the ships. If in Bulgaria a glass of Kamenitza at the pool bar goes down well.