Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rogerrowley1947

Anyone have problems with insurance issues due to age or illness?

8 posts in this topic

With bank insurance check the exclusions as they do not always cover you and load you with an extra premium. If you have trouble you could always try the ones that the cruise operators/lines endorse in their brochure.

Hi If you have existing medical conditions you really should declare them (the insurance company will find out if you make a claim and invalidate your existing cover).  The price goes up and if you are over seventy five it goes up steeply for each after that.  You have to pay it so just use comparisons sites to find the cheapest if it is too dear chose a shorter cruise, cheaper cabin etc..  Costs can be kept down by travelling in Europe and avoiding the USA and Caribbean

Spain also makes insurance more expensive. Also multiple port stops in different countries can add to the cost. This was info given to me by Staysure. I gave all details and answered all the health questions truthfully and for the same cover Staysure has got my custom, for Norway.

Does any one reading this either have any trouble with cruise insurance and the cost because of age and or a serious illness?

Funnily enough when my documentation arrived from Bolsover for the Britannia Maiden Cruise booking they had inserted an interesting flyer on cruise insurance.

It said, RELAX...we've got you covered...

www.holidayextras.com/bolsover

There are three levels of cover, Platinum, Gold and Gold Cruise.

Personally I would advise you to choose an insurance company that will 'factor out'  any pre existing condition - providing of course you are confident that you are now free from the affects- and save yourself an unnecessary   loading.