Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Christine

Any solo cruisers?

6 posts in this topic

Morning everybody!

I hope this does not sound strange, but I am going solo on the MSC Spendida, sailing from Barcelona to Valencia, Tunis, Civitavecchia, Genoa and Marseille in September. Anyone else going on this cruise? Would be great to meet!

Being of a certain age and a widower, I usually sail with my daughter and grandchildren. But this is my first solo cruise so would love to make friends before I embark. 

Sorry not a solo cruiser Christine, but do you mind me asking what made you chose to sail with MSC. We very nearly booked MSC a few years back, but in the end decided to stick with what we know, good old P&O ;)

To be honest the spa swayed my decision a lot  :)  but I've had friends go before and it came highly recommended. 

Have been with P&O before and thought they were great! But I like to change it up to see what everyone has to offer  :D

Hi Christine..

I always sail with Cunard.   I'm divorced and travel with my sister who is a widow.  However, I'd quite happily travel solo - there's a singles group which meets every morning - thereby giving the opportunity to meet others like yourself  and basically 'pal up' with...    If you like dancing there are dance hosts in the ballroom.  You'll make friends at dinner - I always ask for the largest table possible.   Plus the night clubs on Victoria and Elizabeth you could quite comfortably go and sit in there on your own.  Otherwise, I have a friend who is in her late eighties who always goes Fred Olsen on her own, she loves it.  Not for me  though - I think slightly older on there!   Not sure about MSC though......

travelling alone with p&o is fantastic you dont feel alone as so many single travellers are on board and everyone talks to you. At meal times you can sit on a table with fellow passengers and never feel uncomfortable great way to travel alone.

Hi  I don't wish to spoil your cruise but unless you speak Italian and/or Spanish you may find it difficult to communicate with most of the singles onboard this ship.   I assume this is why the last two posters suggested English Language ships.  I have travelled as a single cruiser but I usually sail on smaller ships where English is the first language (Azamara etc) I find that it's easier to make friends on this type of vessel.  In addition I like a little bit of special pampering and the levels of service and the quality of food on (MSC, P&O and Cunard) are at best acceptable.