Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

beeton75

Off To See The Fjords............so Excited!

7 posts in this topic

We are trying Holland America Line on the Ms Ryndam for the 1st Time this year and are heading off to see the Fjords.  23 August - 7 Night Norse Legends. 

Has anyone done the Fjords before?  Any recommendations please for what to do in Alesund, Geiranger Bergen or Eidfjord welcomed.

Hope it will be warm and sunny!!  :-)

Hi beeton75, I've sailed on Ryndam before to the Fjords, got an absolute bargain last May sailing from Southampton. I think one of my highlights was visting Alesund, I really didnt know much about the place but was pleasantly surprised. The history and architecture is incredible, its a great plce just to walk around. I would recommend visiting the Sunnmore outdoor museum while you're there.

You must also dine in the pinnacle grill on Ryndam, it was out of this world! You have to make a reservation though, do this early on in your cruise.

Hope you have a fab time!

I've done Bergen (twice), Ålesund, and Geiranger.  I wrote about them all in my blog which has recently been mentioned.  You can click each link to go to the relevant post.

I absolutely loved Bergen when the weather was great, and in Geiranger the RIB safari was fantastic.  Click the appropriate links to read more! :)

Have a fabulous cruise!

We are trying Holland America Line on the Ms Ryndam for the 1st Time this year and are heading off to see the Fjords.  23 August - 7 Night Norse Legends. 

Has anyone done the Fjords before?  Any recommendations please for what to do in Alesund, Geiranger Bergen or Eidfjord welcomed.

Hope it will be warm and sunny!!  :-)

Good job I scrolled down, I was hoping dst87 would mention his blog.

I did the fjords many years ago and will be refreshing my knowledge later this year with Celebrity.

Geiranger is very attractive the main plus being the sail up the fjord. For a change I have booked a local bus tour to take in the surrounding mountains and hopefully some scenic photography.

Here is the company link...

http://www.geirangerfjord.no/bus-tour-to-mt.-dalsnibba

Hope that helps.

dst87 likes this

My third visit to Norway is in a few weeks time. We had a dry day in Bergen the first time, the second time was wet so I know what to expect.

If you like fish do go to the fish market for a fresh salmon roll they are mouth watering unlike the salmon we get in the UK.

I have visited the Norwegian Fjords twice and will be going again this August. 

It is wonderfully relaxing and so beautiful.

If you get chance visit a Glacier also Bergen is lovely and they have a interesting tour on a land train from the town centre that is well worth trying.

Promise you will want to go again.