Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cruiseheaven

Malta

9 posts in this topic

Advice please on Malta.  Best places or place to visit.  Is there a trip worth taking from the ship on a coach, or is it just as good to do it yourself?  Any other tips please, most welcome.

Thank you.

Cruiseheaven.

The Hop on Hop off buses are a good way to get around Malta's places of interest, and they stop close to the Cruise terminal ;) Ron

You need more than just one day to see Malta. The old town of Valletta by itself has so much to see. St. Johns cathedral is beautiful and will take the best part of 2 hours to walk round and take it all in. The Palace of the Grand Masters is another place to visit. The National War Museum at St. Elmo Place tells you how the people of Malta were awarded the George Cross. The old Parliament Building, the Barrakka Gardens, Grand Harbour, the list is endless. Have a great time.

I did an excursion first time I went which was a two place trip and kept bumping into people from the ship who had done it on their own… It probes that the ho ho may be the way to go at a cheaper price.

It can get very hot out there so it may be wise to take a brolly for some shade if you need it…  :)

Advice please on Malta.  Best places or place to visit.  Is there a trip worth taking from the ship on a coach, or is it just as good to do it yourself?  Any other tips please, most welcome.

Thank you.

Cruiseheaven.

9816156265_9ee8e51a0d_z.jpg

Good morning CruiseHeaven.

As promised it all came together and I trust this account of a visit to Malta on P&O's Azura will be of interest to you and other members, just follow the link...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/04/28/one-way-to-do-malta/

I'll be happy to answer any further questions.

9816155105_8193e1098b_z.jpg

14049643263_7ba6bb8829_z.jpg

I love Malta although have never been on a cruise.

Valetta is a lovely old town with a real colonial feel.

However, it will take many years for me to  forgive the government for getting rid of the iconic old buses which were such a feature of Maltese life.

I believe some now operate as tourist specials and would recommend the 'experience'

DavidH likes this

Hi Cruiseheaven

I have visited Malta several times for a holiday so have had plenty of time to explore the island. I think that as you will only be there for one day you could do a lot worse than to concentrate on Valletta. There is so much to see as has been mentioned elsewhere and you can wander about at your own pace.

malta is a fantastic island somuch to see and do  its been a while  since i visited but the blue grotto was beautiful the people are so friendly too.

Usually the other way around I know but I couldn't resist snapping up this book earlier in the week...

14101847153_fce58cd244_z.jpg