Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iknowlescourier

Msc From Uk

7 posts in this topic

Hi all. Has anyone sailed from UK with MSC cruises? Are the passengers mostly British? Their ships look impressive, but I am put off booking with them because I assume everything on board is set up for Italian passengers. I hate announcements in multiple languages (they seem to go on and on), I am not a big fan of Mediterranean food, and wouldn't like sitting at dinner with other people that don't speak English. And as for the entertainment....... a comedian telling jokes in Italian, for example, would be a bit of a struggle. Any way, that's my view of a MSC Cruise, so can someone enlighten me if this is correct or that I have got it completely wrong. Thanks.

From the UK you will find a high percentage of British and the first language they use is English.   They hardly do any announcements.     

We took the plunge and did MSC Opera out of Southampton in August.  We are a family of 4 and the price was amazing as the kids sailed free.  I think because the price was so good our expectations were not very high and we were very pleasently surpried!  Very nice ship, great food, great service.  Doesn't have the facilities of the likes of Royal Caribbean but you know there was more than enough to keep us busy.  They did pick up in every port though so alth we got on in Southampton there was still a mix of lots of different nationalities but other than the odd rude one which you always get that wasn't an issue.  Advise would be if you see one at the right price..go for it!

I have cruised with MSC out of Italy and Germany and the majority of passengers were non-English speakers. The food is excellent and the entertainment is such that language is not a problem. Shows are acrobats, illusionists, operas and classical performances, clown acts, mime acts etc.

We came back last week from a week on MSC Magnifica sailing from Southampton. I also was a bit concerned about it being multinational but it was brilliant. I understand thee were about 600 British on board. Had a most fantastic time, yes the announcements being made in 6 languages got a bit tiring but English was the first language so we found we could switch off after that. The ship is beautiful, staff friendly and very helpful, especially the Assistant Bar Manager, George, he never failed to pass us without asking how we were and even bought my husband and I a drink. Don't worry about the food there is lots of choice. I would recommend MSC without hesitation.