Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

aaa

Customer Service

63 posts in this topic

If Bolsover have the best customer service in the UK in this industry by far (says owner Michael Wilson) then I dread to think what the others are like.

Booking a recent holiday with them has been like treading through treacle. Wrong information (on chosen stateroom), irrelevant information (on visa requirements) or no information (terminal numbers at airports).

The whole experience has been a disaster from start to finish.

Pleased to have just booked a new holiday (direct and on-line) with a cruise operator, hassle-free, quick and easy.

What is the purpose of travel agents (at least for seasoned travellers) anyway? 

Scotscruiser likes this

Sorry to hear that, I recently booked with Bolsover and they bent over backwards for me.

Personally I couldn't of asked for much more from them and I'm really excited for my cruise!

Glad your happy with your new holiday booking, just a shame your experience with Bolsover wasn't as good as mine!

I'm surprised to hear to you have had a problem with Bolsover, as whenever we have booked with them they have always been very helpful and knowledgable. 

sammy sun likes this

Sorry to hear that aaa, I've used Bolsover quite a few times for my cruise holidays over the years and never had any issue with them.  I've only ever had good experiences with them especially with regards to cabin queries.  I cannot comment on visas as I have never needed required the assistance of Bolsover for this kind of issue in the past but I've always found all aspects of their service to be friendly and helpful.  

Nevertheless I hope you are all sorted now and enjoy your holiday, after all that's the main thing!

I also regularly book through Bolsover taking at least 3 cruises a year and have travelled with them for over 10 years, I can honestly say at no point have I ever been disatisfied with the service I have received, infact on many an occasion they have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I am totally happy with everything i've booked with them, I feel totally valued as a customer. I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the information you were given incorrectly,from my experience that's totally the opposite of mine. 

I booked my first cruise this year with Bolsover Cruise Club and the service I received was FANTASTIC!! I can definitely say I will 100% go back to Bolsover without hesitation, I was recommended them through one of my close friends who books with them very regular! They gave me all the information I needed and also gave me their own recommendations on companies, ships, cabin locations etc...I would recommend Bolsover to anyone! Fabulous Company! Such a credit to the Cruise Industry!!

I am sorry you don't feel the same aaa.

pinky and Maddie3 like this

Strange as Bolsover are known for their great customer service!...Me and my partner always book through them and personally I've never had a problem but I wouldn't let one bad experience put me off.

Anyway at least everything's sorted now so have a lovely cruise :)

I had an issue last year with my Indian Visa,  I had to apply for a special one as was passing through India on a land journey and then needed another visa for a cruise a few weeks afterwards, this I find out during the application process is a big big deal for the Indian consular services, anyway I digress, the chap from Bolsover who helped me deal with the embassy and gave me support when I had given up all hope was brilliant and went above and beyond the excellent service I normally receive. I also find when it comes to Visas that the cruise operators themselves are pretty generic when it comes to visa advice as they have to deal with so many customers from different countries and to list the requirements for everyone would be a 100 page document, personally as its such an important area I read the info given by Bolsover and my chosen operator and then make my own enquiries just to make sure I am covered

Crikey someone did get out the bed the wrong side!!  Only joking.  I have never had a bad experience with Bolsover.  aaa have you tried calling them to give them the opportunity to sort things for you before resorting to this forum as I would imagine this isn't monitored by staff??  I'm sure they will do everything they can to sort this for you.

tigerlilly, hturtle and pinky like this

Hello,I am struggling a little bit to understand the comment from Tom Youngs.Before resorting to this forum.

Is that not what forums are for.I have never used Bolsover and I am sure they are normally very good.If they have failed someone,as appears to be the case,then criticism is justified.I just get the impression that with a lot of people Bolsover is above reproach. 

Rodger.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Good afternoon aaa,

No one is perfect 100% of the time and mistakes happen. Having said that I have not personally experienced any problems with Bolsover. There are however several areas I always check for myself and these are visas, inoculations and safety factors of the area being travelled to. I believe the answer to your question "What is the purpose of travel agents (at least for seasoned travellers) anyway?" is simply that if things go wrong a large travel agent is likely to have more sway with the tour operator than you are as a lone individual thus resulting in a more satisfactory conclusion. Just my opinion of course.

Hello,I am struggling a little bit to understand the comment from Tom Youngs.Before resorting to this forum.

Is that not what forums are for.I have never used Bolsover and I am sure they are normally very good.If they have failed someone,as appears to be the case,then criticism is justified.I just get the impression that with a lot of people Bolsover is above reproach. 

Rodger.

Good afternoon Jaguar.

Is it just me but I get a teeny weeny bit suspicious when someone joins a forum and immediately either launches a rant at another member or at the owners of the site.

Unfortunately I have seen it all too often over the years.

Now that may or may not apply to 'aaa' but there is little in the OP by way of amplification to suggest where the rant is coming from.

Forums are for discussion and as OldWorldTraveller has stated, most of the points raised are easily self sorted.

I did smile at your..."I just get the impression that with a lot of people Bolsover is above reproach".

Bit like me with Cunard.   ;)  ;) 

nick1310 likes this

Never had nothing but excellent service when we have used Bolsover to book cruises and did a great job in getting not only grade but first choice cabin for Britannia maiden cruise :)

You must be the only person not to be happy with Bolsover Cruise Club and how they deal with clients. We could no be happier and tell all our friends so. There is not a problem or they cannot solve in one way or another. Besides they only deal with cruises not package holidays and the know their business.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE DODGY INTERNET

They did say they would phone me back last Wednesday about  a cruise and as yet still waiting for the phone call so they are not infallible. The cabin is now sold that we wanted for a back to back cruise with Princess so no longer interested but it just proves that Bolsover arent perfect.

Scotscruiser likes this

I too have had a couple of a problems with them, perhaps the agent I spoke to that day was new but they didn't have a clue and was curt when I pointed out her mistake. Will certainly think twice before using Bolsover again. 

Reading the above comments, it's fair to say that bad customer service is rare at Bolsover! Personally, I have nothing but praise for them!!! Well done guys!! -

If Bolsover have the best customer service in the UK in this industry by far (says owner Michael Wilson) then I dread to think what the others are like.

Booking a recent holiday with them has been like treading through treacle. Wrong information (on chosen stateroom), irrelevant information (on visa requirements) or no information (terminal numbers at airports).

The whole experience has been a disaster from start to finish.

Pleased to have just booked a new holiday (direct and on-line) with a cruise operator, hassle-free, quick and easy.

What is the purpose of travel agents (at least for seasoned travellers) anyway? 

Well it's over 2 months since 'aaa' (Hmnnn) made that comment and nothing since.

Unfortunately forums do see these little rants, little substance and little direction.

I would just add that Bolsover Cruise Club should be admired for allowing the comment to stay and, as has happened, 'aaa''s comment has been well and truly negated.