Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Travel Insurance

15 posts in this topic

I am taking my Auntie on a cruise in December, but we are struggling to get travel insurance as she has a medical condition, tried the internet but you always have to call if you have a illness.  can anybody recomend a good company that will not charge mre than the cruise.

Thank you

Holiday Extras are usually very good, used them before as I have medical conditions that I have to disclose to be fully covered and they've looked after me well in the past, not ridiculous prices either like you can get with certain companies.

does anyone know how good insurance with your bank is I have standard insurance with my bank but I am not sure how good it is for cruising. its kind of putting me off because I don't want to be taken ill onboard and have to pay out the eyeballs for it.

I have got a policy with my bank but dose not cover any medical conditions.  I tried the "Holiday Extras" really impressed the prices was the best we had been given so have gone with them :)

Always check insurance policies before you buy,not when you come to make a claim.Looking at the recent floods and the damaged caused to property and belongings, you have to wonder " are they covered and to what extent " Medical costs on board ships and abroad in other countries can be very expensive, cancelling when you,ve paid up.Would £8 for 3 days cover that ?? It doesnt always happen to the other guy, sometimes you are the other guy. Food for thought

!!

does anyone know how good insurance with your bank is I have standard insurance with my bank but I am not sure how good it is for cruising. its kind of putting me off because I don't want to be taken ill onboard and have to pay out the eyeballs for it.

We have travel insurance through our bank (lloydsTSB) and so long as you declare medical conditions prior to going on holiday you are covered (upto 70 years of age) we also pay £40 a year to cover the excess, which all companies impose on claims/

I use a company named Waltham Travel Insurance. Have used them for a number of years and last year had to make a claim for a camera that was smashed. Settled within 14 days. Excellent service. Make sure that any policy you take out covers you for cruising and also evacuation from the ship in the case of a medical emergency.Helicopters are expensive!! Many people go for the cheapest option but like other things in life you get what you pay for.