Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nautical Smile

Ventura Fly-Cruise

17 posts in this topic

Yes the formal nights are usually on sea days but you won't know for sure until you are onboard, it will be confirmed in the ships newsletter in your cabin on arrival.

hi

i am going on ventura in august, i was just wondering about the dress code throughout the cruise as my partner doesn't fancy getting dressed up every evening? what does everyone suggest to take? help!!!

Hi lel66689, you wont need to get dressed up every evening, most nights on board will be smart casual, only a couple of nights a week are formal evenings and if you really don't want to do this, you don't have to.  There are alternative dining choices for a casual night on board if you prefer  so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

even if there are 2 formal nights, if you dont fancy getting dressed up, you can go to the buffet restuarants and the deck bars which will have a smart casual.

Dress codes for all P&O ships are described at https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code.

Adonia, Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana operate three dress codes - "Black Tie", "Smart", and "Evening Casual".  A typical two-week cruise on these ships will include four black tie evenings and four "Smart" evenings.  The "Smart" dress code for gentlemen includes a shirt, trousers and jacket, with or without a tie.  The jacket is mandatory and the management on these ships will usually deny admission to the restaurants, if a passenger does not conform to the published dress code for that evening.

The larger ships (Azura, Britannia, Oceana and Ventura) are less formal, and no longer operate the "Smart" dress code.  Furthermore, I have never seen the management deny admission to anyone, even on "Black Tie" evenings.

You should receive detailed information for your cruise with your eTickets.