Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
summer willow

Princess Grats

16 posts in this topic

Its $11-50 or $12 pp per day depending if you are in stateroom or suite and they add 15% on every drink you purchase. The $11-50 or $12 can be removed but you have to pay 15% tax on drinks. If you do remove it and then tip your cabin steward or waiters personally then it has to be handed in to pool and the cabin steward is told if you have removed tips.

Hi Shilly do you know if the tips for princess are the same for children i am taking my 12 year old daughter on one soon and just wondered if they were the same amount? thanks

You can reduce the tips for your daughter, we traveled with my son and his girlfriend as she was a student the tips would have been beyond her budget. she went to the pursers desk and explained, they were really nice and said they would remove them, she said she still wanted to tip but the $11.50 a day was too much for her budget. They suggested $5 which she was happy with. I would also suggest with Princess booking a soft drinks package before you sail, they are very cheap and they don't add on 15%. You can also pre-load your on-board account by gifting yourself OBC. Last time we received $500 for £300 . Our drinks bill for our princess cruise last year was $600 by buying obc and soft drinks package equivalent to £320 our P&O cruise the bill was £580.

Many people don't realize that whilst the price of drinks appear more on Princess you get bigger spirit measures and the price of the mixer is included unlike other lines.

It's the same on Cunard.

Currently on Caribbean Princess and gratuities are $12-95 pppn including children and 15% on drinks, including soda+more package which is $7pppd +15% which comes to $8-05pppd. New policy on CP but dont know if its just CP or Princess policy all ships but you cannot change or cancel your gratuities at begining of cruise you are given a letter and told to come back 2 days before end of cruise.

Currently on Caribbean Princess and gratuities are $12-95 pppn including children and 15% on drinks, including soda+more package which is $7pppd +15% which comes to $8-05pppd. New policy on CP but dont know if its just CP or Princess policy all ships but you cannot change or cancel your gratuities at begining of cruise you are given a letter and told to come back 2 days before end of cruise.

It is the soda and more package I bought £67.34 for 2 weeks cruise when bought on-line before departure works out a lot cheaper as you can buy in GBP.

If you cannot cancel the autogratuities then rhey just become part of the fare. This certainly smacks of passengers enhancing the wages for the shipping company.

It is the soda and more package I bought £67.34 for 2 weeks cruise when bought on-line before departure works out a lot cheaper as you can buy in GBP.

We purchased the soda+more package prior to our cruise because it was cheaper but it is set at the rate when you booked your holiday so price does vary and not always worthwhile depending on rate.

You can pre pay your tips in advance, this can be a good idea as once you have paid it is fixed, if the tipping rates change or due to currency changes at least you will have secured the lower rate

You can pre pay your tips in advance, this can be a good idea as once you have paid it is fixed, if the tipping rates change or due to currency changes at least you will have secured the lower rate

Would never pay gratuities in advance the whole idea of gratuities is a reward for good service and you wouldnt know that in advance and if you then get poor service you have no chance of changing amount. Any hotel I have stayed never paid gratuities before holiday or added to hotel account always paid at end of holiday depending on whether received good or poor service.

One thing I have noticed even more on this cruise that if you have soda+more package you seem to wait a lot longer for your drinks to be served than those that are ordering alcoholic drinks. Perhaps because they are getting more gratuities on the 15% added to alcoholic drinks than the $1-05 per day you pay with package. Also a glaring difference noticed in all bars when going for pre dinner drinks doesnt matter which bar you are in those that order alcoholic drinks get canapes or snack/peanuts when we have not received anything at all in any of the bars when ordering mocktails. Too obvious just to be a server error when it has happened every night in different bars so think its a new Princess or ship policy.

One thing I have noticed even more on this cruise that if you have soda+more package you seem to wait a lot longer for your drinks to be served than those that are ordering alcoholic drinks. Perhaps because they are getting more gratuities on the 15% added to alcoholic drinks than the $1-05 per day you pay with package. Also a glaring difference noticed in all bars when going for pre dinner drinks doesnt matter which bar you are in those that order alcoholic drinks get canapes or snack/peanuts when we have not received anything at all in any of the bars when ordering mocktails. Too obvious just to be a server error when it has happened every night in different bars so think its a new Princess or ship policy.

Never had a problem with the service and we always buy the soda and more packages.

Never had a problem with the service and we always buy the soda and more packages.

I hadnt on my previous cruises with Princess but this one has been a first and hope it isnt a thing of the future on all Princess ships.