Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raymondo111

Changes To Classic And Premium Alcoholic Packages

15 posts in this topic

For those people who were able to take advantage of the Classic drinks package that was being offered throughout last year and part of this year are you aware that without warning Celebrity have suddenly changed the contents of the package and removed a large number of the alcohol brands being offered? When we booked our cruise last year we knew that there were value limitations on the drinks within the Classic package but in general the package at the time covered the sorts of drinks that we like. A friend told me that there are a number of recent forum posts on Cruise Critic where people are up in arms at this major change without any formal warning. Where previously you were able to look at the content of the packages on the Celebrity Website this seems to have disappeared with no details of what is now included and whats not included.  

Just wondered what your thoughts are?

Ray

Hello Ray.My wife and I booked the 1 2 3 concierge class package for the Eclipse May 24th to the Baltics.I have also read several reviews querying what you can and cant have as part of the package.I have tried to find the answer and failed.

Rodger.

ajb likes this

Hello Ray.My wife and I booked the 1 2 3 concierge class package for the Eclipse May 24th to the Baltics.I have also read several reviews querying what you can and cant have as part of the package.I have tried to find the answer and failed.

Rodger.

Good morning Rodger.

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/life-on-board/wine-and-beverage-packages/premium-and-classic-packages/

You can log in and check it out.

For those people who were able to take advantage of the Classic drinks package that was being offered throughout last year and part of this year are you aware that without warning Celebrity have suddenly changed the contents of the package and removed a large number of the alcohol brands being offered? When we booked our cruise last year we knew that there were value limitations on the drinks within the Classic package but in general the package at the time covered the sorts of drinks that we like. A friend told me that there are a number of recent forum posts on Cruise Critic where people are up in arms at this major change without any formal warning. Where previously you were able to look at the content of the packages on the Celebrity Website this seems to have disappeared with no details of what is now included and whats not included.  

Just wondered what your thoughts are?

Ray

Good morning Ray.

Like Jaguar, I have a Celebrity Cruise on the not too distant horizon and had the 'Classic' drinks package thrown in.

I'm not surprised if the goal posts have been moved though I'm damned if I will let it impinge on my cruise enjoyment.

It was, after all, a bonus as i would have booked the cruise anyway.

Good morning all,

After a bit more investigation I found this forum post from Cruise Critic which came from a Celebrity Facebook post:

ust been on one of the social media sites to which Celebrity posts and read this, nearly fell off my chair laughing talk about not having a clue

Celebrity Cruises UK Hi *******, thank you for getting in contact with us. Our drinks prices are changing onboard but we can assure you that the list of beverages we have listed on our World of Extras page are still included in our Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. There are a small amount of beverages that have increased in price onboard and are no longer included in the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. These include Beefeater, Cuervo White, Cutty Stark, Jim Beam, Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Captain Morgan, Malibu, Amaretto and Baileys. We are currently working to update our communications worldwide to ensure everyone is up to date – if you would like to send us a private Facebook message with your email address and sail date, our team will be able to provide you with an up-to-date list of drinks included in your beverage package ahead of your holiday. Warm regards, Celebrity Cruises UK

If memory serves me correctly all these are on the classic beverage package list posted by kevinyork except for Baileys which he posted later has been added

Ray

Just an update to this post, it looks like Celebrity have been reviewing the hundreds of posts on Cruise Critic, they have finally come up with what is available on the latest Classic Drinks package, if you use Facebook just type in Celebrity in the search box and scan through the posts concerning questions on what the Classic Drinks package now includes. There is a pdf file that can be downloaded and shows what 'should' be available but as always includes the statement 'subject to availability' 

Ray

Hello,it is a long time since I have been as confused over something.Like SR though of course we will not let it spoil our cruise.

As long as the two beers I saw John Smiths and Pedigree along with a Pinot grigo for my wife are still available and within our package limits we will survive.

Saturday will soon be here.

Rodger.

mikeatptb likes this

Hi,

Just back from Reflection last week with Classic package and could not fault it (wondered about upgrading but could not really justify it this trip) .. We had Bailey's , Amaretto (couple of cocktails) as well as the usual wine / bottled beer  etc all with no issue. We tended to use it mostly for upgraded coffee to latte ( and specialty coffee smile.png )  which was really worth it as the difference  is massive in quality over the standard 'free' coffee.  Only thing I found that was not included that I asked for was a bottle of Stella which was not included ( bizarre as the cost is in line with other bottles...  but I suppose they need to have some in / some out)  . Loads of  included alternates, so no issue ...   At home I do like quality wine, however for holidays, the included wine was fine from the bars or restaurants. Would go Classic again most probably.. 

Have been looking at drinks packages for Celebrity Reflection and interested in comment above. Trying to decide whether or not to buy a package or simply pay for alcohol and beverages as we have them.  What would the average cost be for a 125 ml glass of wine and also the cost of a tea or coffee be if we didn't have a package?  Note that it says premium tea and coffee available on classic package - does that include filter / latte coffee?  Grateful for any help. 

Hi,

Not sure of the prices per drink ... as never paid much attention ( due to having the classic package), however te value we fond was not just on the alcohol ordered. We ordered  latte ( many, many of them , including 'specialty' ...inc alcohol) with no issues... latte and fresh orange at breakfast  from, the waiter  (as well as bottles of water for going off ship) was also a good reason for the classic package. We  found it much better than the standard available coffee on order.  All personal choice / taste, however first time we have tried it  and thought was pretty good value for us..