Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

You Too Can Do Rome In A Day

4 posts in this topic

14007201565_604d2540c4_z.jpg

I see lots of members of this excellent forum are cruising over the next few months on Ventura. Her Mediterranean fly-cruise programme takes in some good ports  around Italy, one being Civitavecchia which is generally recognised as the cruise port for visiting Rome.

I have recently added a guide to getting to Rome from Civitavecchia on a do it yourself basis and have included a couple of maps to show just what can be achieved.

Members and visitors can find the information at...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/05/15/one-way-to-do-rome/

14027209333_806a29f18e_z.jpg

Godetevi la giornata a Roma

Just read your blog Richard, it's really helpful, not just for first time visitors to Rome but also people that have been numerous times on a cruise.  I've called into Civitavecchia quite a few times on cruise itineraries now but have always opted for an excursion or the 'Rome on your own' option with transfers operated by the cruise line.  I've never once used the public transport system, as if I'm honest, I've always had that fretful fear of missing the ship on the way back, only to find my passport waiting for me on the quayside and a note to catch up!  Your blog actually eases those concerns.  

I've always avoided Italian public transport when cruising into Civitavecchia and Livorno but I may now re-consider when the next time comes around.  Thanks for the advice.  I like keeping up to date with blogs and I recently read a good blog on the Bolsover site: http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/blog/2014/04/29/30309-top-5-things-to-do-in-rome/

This blog was interesting to read I thought and very good for first time cruisers but I think your blog is brilliant for addressing issues that some us wouldn't otherwise consider, like public transport for example and little hints like the restroom facilities.

A good blog, thanks for the post.