Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

spanish girl

Visiting Vietnam And Cambodia.

12 posts in this topic

normally once onboard a cruise, the visas for these two countries are arranged onboard at the cost of approximately £15, this  does vsry depending on who you are travelling with

Hi Spanish Girl!

I spent 6 weeks backpacking round vietnam and cambodia and a definate must is Halong bay! amazing place and such an experience on a traditional junk boat, you should find most cruiselines do tours like this

if you are stopping off in danang definatly jump in a taxi for a few dollars and go to hoi an a couple of miles down the road, amazing little ancient town with hundred of tailors, you can get a suit made in an hour!

let me know if you need any advice

Hi Spanish Girl!

I spent 6 weeks backpacking round vietnam and cambodia and a definate must is Halong bay! amazing place and such an experience on a traditional junk boat, you should find most cruiselines do tours like this

if you are stopping off in danang definatly jump in a taxi for a few dollars and go to hoi an a couple of miles down the road, amazing little ancient town with hundred of tailors, you can get a suit made in an hour!

let me know if you need any advice

Good Morning Harley.

I too backpacked through Vietnam and Cambodia and can confirm all that you say.

Halong Bay is an absolute must as is Hoi An.

I'm a little pushed for time this morning but will dig out some photos.

harley1 likes this

Hi

Does anyone have any invitation to give me regarding Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam and also which are the best tours to make.

Spanish Girl.

Good morning Spanish Girl.

Where exactly are you visiting. 

Is it on a Ocean Cruise or River Cruise?

Hi

Does anyone have any invitation to give me regarding Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam and also which are the best tours to make.

Spanish Girl.

Hello, Anyone home?

If anyone has any detailed info they could share on either of these destinations, I would be grateful as this is something I am considering for next year

Good afternoon CruiseChef.

I visited both countries extensively on my own and have now booked an APT Mekong River Cruise with umpteen add on's  so that my wife can also enjoy  this area, particularly the fascinating Vietnam.

I did both as a 'silver' backpacker.

10307738006_97ab041daa_z.jpg

10307737936_5569033f01_z.jpg

7308851530_78b1348feb_z.jpg

7773989500_b486b55462_z.jpg

Are you thinking 'land based' or cruising?

Maybe I can offer some advice.

If you cou

harley1 likes this

thanks for the offer, I think we need to research which way we prefer to travel but as soon as I know what we intend I will let you know, thanks very much for the help

Hi Solent Richard

We are on Holland America Volendam on 19th January. Visiting Halong Bay, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Phu My. Then on to Sihanoukville (Kampo) Cambodia.

Spanish Girl

Hi Solent Richard

We are on Holland America Volendam on 19th January. Visiting Halong Bay, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Phu My. Then on to Sihanoukville (Kampo) Cambodia.

Spanish Girl

Halong Bay is wonderful. Make sure you take an excursion around the Limestone Islands.

Da Nang. If there are excursions to Hoi An then that is a must. 

Hha Trang. - A Vietnamese seaside resort. Excellent scuba diving but little else interested me.

Phu My - is really the port for Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) and another great visit. Of course I was more interested in the war museums...

7308853930_cd0e76d3de_z.jpg

The Cu Chi Tunnels are also a popular visit..

I will be there before you and will hopefully bring back some more recent photo material.