Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaczs

Sicknote Goes Cruising This Book Is A Must

57 posts in this topic

Just finished reading Sicknote goes cruising and what a fantastic book it was.

It has been written by one of the members on here (DTM) and gives an insight into living with illness but in a very positive way, It is full of laughter yet there are sad bits but they are done in such an optimistic and positive way it leaves you feeling that you actually know the man.

It is also about the joys of cruising with P&O and gives such great insight to the places visited and the people you meet on-board.

It really is a wonderful book and available in book form or Kindle download so if you love a good read grab yourselves a copy. I am so sad I have finished it I am going to read it again :D and thank you Dennis the Menace for an insight into your world xx

The Pesky Pirate likes this

Thanks Jaczs, really pleased you enjoyed my book :)

For me, it was quite a therapeutic experience writing it, but hopefully there's also plenty in there to interest the reader and provide a few laughs.

Just a quickie to say thanks everyone, especially to Jaczs - since she kindly posted this thread last week, my book is once again the 2nd best selling book in its category on the whole of Amazon.co.uk. :)

Thanks for all your interest and, if you get it, I hope you enjoy it :)

The Pesky Pirate and Popsicle like this

She did laugh as well Dennis and she is getting her work mates to buy it now as she read some of it to them ;) And well done on your success it is so well deserved and fingers crossed I get to meet you soon ;) 

Dennis The Menace likes this

Just wanted to say thanks to all those that have given my book a go, especially those who got in contact to say they enjoyed it - I found out today my book has now been made available onboard Aurora, Oriana, Oceana and Arcadia which is amazing, a dream come true :)

That's only been possible due to all the positive comments the book has had so, sincerely, thank you.

It's still on the Kindle and packed ready for Splendida tomorrow. As I said to you in PM Dennis if I don't finish it next week I will on the next ship a few days later. It's proving a great read. Your comment in relation to PP reminded me of the plaque and remembrance book I saw last week in the Market Garden Museum on the Azamara Cruise. It was the winged dagger. ;)

Funnily enough OWT, the Pesky Pirate doesn't live a million miles away from Hereford ;)

Hope Splendida is proving an enjoyable experience and that my book is still proving a decent read. I heard today that one of the P&O ships has sold out already which, even allowing for the small volume they took to trial the book, feels terrific. :)

The Pesky Pirate likes this

Some unexpected news folks !

I've just had an email saying Kindle are doing my book as their Kindle Daily Deal - that's 99p for the kindle book today (awaits comments suggesting it's still overpriced to the tune of 98 pence ;) ) which is great :)

Haven't a clue how they decide on which books they do this for but I'm pretty sure it's got a huge amount to do with all the great reviews you folks have given me on Amazon, so thanks very much, I am forever in your debt :

I also noticed that George Williams' books are also being featured, and at a similarly attractive price, so some bargains to be had if you've not read them yet :)