Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vamp23

World Cup

33 posts in this topic

Very much so vamp, I don't think it will be our year, in fact, I'm pretty sure of it but the thing I'm most excited about is seeing the group of players Hodgson has chosen to take.  I'm so glad he's giving the youngsters a go, more for experience than anything.  I think they'll go into with a we've got nothing to lose attitude and players like Barkley, Sterling, Sturridge and Lallana will cause problems for opposing teams.  Hopefully we'll do well but I still can't see past a South American team winning it over there. Argentina, Brazil or potentially an outsider like Chile, who are a very good team could have a chance.

Dennis The Menace likes this

Can't wait :) didn't know what to do with myself on sunday with no footy to watch ;)

Come on Eng-gur-land !

I'm the same as Sammy, not sure we'll get out of the group, but looking forward to seeing some good young players with the freedom to express themselves. They might even see wearing the shirt as the honour it always used to be. Boy, it's gonna be hot though !

Could be worse I guess, it could be in Qatar !!

sammy sun and vamp23 like this

I'm just looking forward to seeing what the squad can do.  I think with the exception of Frank Lampard, as I'm not really sure why he was selected, we have a great squad of players this time around who are all hungry to do well and have a genuine excitement to play for their country.  I'm not saying some of the more experienced players didn't have that but we have struggled in major tournaments for so long that it often becomes a negative mentality before the planes even touched down for the pre-tournament training camp.  

This group of players are mostly all fresh, not played in a tournament like this before, desperate to do well, will run the extra mile for their country and have no fear.  There will be those that argue experience is needed for these occasions and yes to some extent I do agree but that's where the likes of Gerrard and Rooney come in, to guide the ship sometimes when needed (see how I worked a cruise related sentence in there  ;) ).  

To see Luke Shaw literally burst into tears he was so happy to be selected and the likes of Jack Wilshere taking photos of every single cap he has won so far, that inspires the fans.  Players looking like its a chore to be even getting on the plane doesn't.  I really don't think we will do overly well in the tournament as I don't think we're quite there yet but we have to start somewhere.  Everyone said the Germans would struggle last time around with youngsters and they tore teams apart, including us.  It's high time we did the same.  Plus many of the players going, such as the likes of Gerrard, Sterling, Sturridge, Barkley, Lallana and many more, have all not played in Europe this year, they've not played too many games which means for the first time in a long time, we may just have a fresher squad going into it.  I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do, there's no pressure, no high expectations this time around, everyone expects a South American team to win it (including me) so lets just go out and play football, see what happens, you never know, we may even turn some heads doing it!

Furby and Dennis The Menace like this

I think alot of fans would agree with me when I say I just want them to do us proud and play with gusto, winning obviously would be a dream come true though!! the knock outs have been awful but the performances have hurt the most, if we played with pride and where knocked out than i can live with that, just don't do another SA 2010. I dont think my heart can bear it.

HI I will watch some ot the matches but I international football isn't the most exciting.  I would have to go back to all the way to 1978 (Argentina) since I was impressed by the qualty of the matches, granted Spain were techinically gifted  in 2010 but matches they played didn't get me excited.

it would be great to see as many have suggested that we have a team that play for the badge they are wearing, play with pride & desire and if you lose to superior opposition having played your best and run your heart out nothing could be better, massive salaries, bonuses and endorsements are something the average man dreams about and it would be good for our footballers to support the die-hard fans by trying rather than thinking about the next advert they might appear in

Dennis The Menace and AFC04/03 like this

I think that I will find a desert island somewhere where there is no television so that I can avoid it like the plague…. mind you there might be a plague of locusts or something similar to compensate for the no football - I don't know which will be worse.. lol

:rolleyes:

Sailaway and WAVES like this

I am really looking forward to the World Cup!! Not long to go now!! England play their first game whilst we are onboard the Ventura in Italy! Just wish David Beckham was working.... ;)

Viva Espana, eres mi eleccion de este ano, si no entonces Holanda antes de que Van Gaal se hace cargo de la grandeza Man ​​Utd

Cannot see us going far, we may not even get out of the group but I really do like the squad we have this year and cannot wait for it to start.  No matter how much I should listen to my better judgement and realise we'll probably be on the plane home in a few weeks, I still live in hope that this time it will be different.  I can't see past a South American side winning it though, I think both Brazil and Argentina will do well and it wouldn't surprise me to see them meet in the final.

well its almost upon us, everybody hoping that we can turn up & produce some amazing performances and that for everyone including the Brazilian tourism industry that it all goes without any issues.  Does anyone know who the best company is to trazel to brazil with?? I fancy either the Amazon River or Rio but not sure if I can do both together??

After last night's game anybody would fancy Holland to do well, but what happened to Spain just outclassed on the night in the 2nd half, good to think we could do the same!!!!! Optimistic????????

well looks like its almost over for england. Don't normally watch football but I did last night got bored as not enough action to keep me interested.  Oh well lets hope we do better in the next world cup.