Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

samfox01

pushchair onboard a flight?

11 posts in this topic

Yes, you will be able to take a pushchair on most flights but might be best to look at the airlines website for full details. They are classed as "free luggage" and can be taken in addition to your luggage allowance. The pushchair will be taken from you at the gate and stored in the hold.

Upon landing, the pushchair will be taken out of the hold and placed on the tarmac for you to collect it.

TomYoungs and del82 like this

You cant take it on the aircraft. You can take it right up to the gate and they will take it off you right before you board the aircraft. It will be the last thing put in the hold so hopefully the first thing that comes off when you collect your luggage. Its a bit of a pain when you have to walk the length of the airport to get to the baggage place, and the queue for passport control with a tired and mardy toddler without a pushchair is not easy. Good Luck xx 

Does anyone know how the system works re a pushchair and the bonded luggage system, when you fly to Barbados on P&O charter flights. Would it still be available to us from the hold quickly on arrival, or would we have to take the bus and wait for luggage to be unloaded, put onto vans and eventually delivered to our cabin?

i believe it works in the same way, it will be left on the tarmac for you to pick up before you go through customs ect at the other side, you will not have to wait for it until you get in your cabin

An iPad loaded with Peppa Pig/Ben & Holly/Disney Films!

Little toys/games that you can play

Plenty of fruity snacks/drinks

And a comfy travel pillow for some 'downtime'

:)

dst87 likes this

slightly off topic, but has anyone got any tips for keeping a 20 month old entertained on a flight to the caribbean???

Are tranquillisers allowed?  ;)

Our nieces and nephews all get iPads loaded with their favourite TV shows, as Popsicle suggested.

If I remember right, I think that the airlines have children's programmes on the tv… do I pads and things have earphones, the thing I am getting at is if you use an iPad to entertain your children do the whole aircraft get entertained aswell…. Can you imagine everyone getting off the plane singing pepper pig stuff… if they sing that is… lol.  :)

If I remember right, I think that the airlines have children's programmes on the tv… do I pads and things have earphones, the thing I am getting at is if you use an iPad to entertain your children do the whole aircraft get entertained aswell…. Can you imagine everyone getting off the plane singing pepper pig stuff… if they sing that is… lol.  :)

Oh yes - earphones are a necessity too.  The last thing I want on a long flight is to listen to some repetitive kids TV show theme tune!