Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ahoy

British Isles

50 posts in this topic

What are your opinions to a cruise around the british isles, i know a few lines do these and just wondered if anyone has any experience on one of these and what you think?

i havent done one but i know people that have and they love it, i think there are somwe really good dealswith Princess cruises as well at the moment, its always the weather that bothers me but if that doeant worry you i think you should try it ;)

ron likes this

I want to go further than that when I go on holiday, and the weather is a big 'pull' for me.

The itinerarys look fantastic, I think its a great way to see our 'home' islands, but not for me!

I'd love to do a British Isles cruise.  I don't bother with weather, and so many people are well travelled abroad but have never explored the beauty in their own country.

The problem for me, is that I'll never drive 400 miles to Southampton just to cruise all the way back to Edinburgh or Greenock!  If I could embark at one of the Scottish ports then I'd be much more open to the idea!

We have done 3 with Princess and you can get some very good late deals with them and are excellent cruises which we have thoroughly enjoyed.

Hello,My wife looked at the Queen Victoria round Britain 23rd May.We considered this for a while but opted for Celebrity Eclipse,May 24th to The Baltic.We had met some people previously on the Queen Victoria and they were on this cruise,we are awaiting an Email from them we a report.I suspect the scenery around the Scotish coast is awsome.The irony is of course we went a long way north and had a lot of brilliant sunshine as opposed to rainy England.We will do the round Britain that is a fact. 

Rodger

I think the british isles cruises are a great idea, if you were travelling to ireland & the channel islands you have either a flight or ferry + possible car hire, upto to scotland you have to run the gauntlet of the lovely yellow boxes on the side of the road around pitlochry, on top of this is the parking charges & accomodation in each place, im sure this is why these are excellent value

+ saves spending hours behind the wheel of car with the kids shouting are we there yet!!!!

ron likes this

I will soon be going on the Black Watch from Dover for an 11 night round Britain cruise. We visit the Isle of Mull and Lewis and also the Orkneys, then on to Ireland to Dublin Belfast and Killibegs . I can't wait as have never done anything like this before and have never been to a lot of these places . Obviously the weather will be what it will be so will be happy to get at least a few decent days! I will report on my return . . . watch this space . . .

Princess were advertising 12nt British Isles cruises for as low as £399 for 12nts now that is excellent value.

I would love to do the British Isles cruise , I have always wanted to visit Tobermory . A lot of the people I know have done the British Isles cruises and have loved it. Weather wise it can be hit and miss but it wouldnt put me off . I agree with dst87 we forget about the lovely places in our own country. Go for it ali05

can you go to paris on some of the british isles cruises?

They do excursions to Paris from Le Havre on Princess cruises around the British Isles but it is a very long day and very expensive.

I wouldn't mind it but on the other hand you could do a drive around the same places in Britain, see some lovely places on route probably for a fraction of the price. I appreciate that you wouldn't see the outer islands… In the middle of summer would be nice, providing we weren't in the rainy season…

I will soon be going on the Black Watch from Dover for an 11 night round Britain cruise. We visit the Isle of Mull and Lewis and also the Orkneys, then on to Ireland to Dublin Belfast and Killibegs . I can't wait as have never done anything like this before and have never been to a lot of these places . Obviously the weather will be what it will be so will be happy to get at least a few decent days! I will report on my return . . . watch this space . . .

The Orkneys are stunning but there is a lot of weather to be had in that part of the world and we had it all in the one day we were there.  Definately try and get to see Skara Brae and some of the stone circles - moody weather added to some great pictures of the standing stones!

The Orkneys are stunning but there is a lot of weather to be had in that part of the world and we had it all in the one day we were there.  Definately try and get to see Skara Brae and some of the stone circles - moody weather added to some great pictures of the standing stones!

We have been to Orkney 3 times on a cruise all in May/June time and have been lucky enough to have good weather on all occasions.

I think the interior scenery on Hebridean is as stunning as the outside.  If I ever come into serious money I would love to go with them.  I have drooled over their website a few times.

For the last 4 years at least Princess have always had some last minute astonishing prices on their British Isles cruise and next year 2015 they are using Royal Princess so hoping with it being a bigger ship might be another chance of a good price for a fantastic cruise with good ports of calls.

We are going on a British Isles cruise in August on Celebrity Infinity from Harwich. Never been to Cork, Dublin, Belfast or the Orkneys before, so really looking forward to it. Booked an excursion to Giants Causeway and booked tickets online for Titanic Belfast museum. There are some very late sailings from a lot of the ports of call so it will be nice to experience some evenings ashore. Just have to cross our fingers for the weather though!

Nice one kite63, infinity is a larger ship so I think this would be a great choice + the added benefit of the orkneys as well, i think I will take a look at the prices on this