Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louise

train to rome

13 posts in this topic

FOUND THIS ON TRIP ADVISOR

Train (€5.00 per person - each way): There are two or three local trains each hour between Roma Termini (main station) and Civitavecchia. In central Rome, these trains also stop at Tuscolana, Ostiense, Trastevere, and San Pietro stations. The cost is €5.00 each way per adult, and the journey takes just over an hour (50 min. to San Pietro station). There are no seat reservations and tickets cannot sell out. Before you get on the train, you must time-stamp the ticket in a yellow machine at the station. There is a day pass available in the station, called the BIRG ticket costing €12, which covers travel to and from Rome, and also gives you unlimited use of buses, metro, and trams (streetcars) for the entire day in Rome.

Firefly and keith like this

Can't believe the train was that cheap!! I spent £130 on a guided excursion to get to Rome by coach. Like Sammy Sun I was worried about missing the ship but for that money I should have been braver!

del82 likes this

i caught the train and it was alot cheaper however we came home earlier than planned as we were worried in case the train back was canx or delayed. we caught an earlier one back so we had the last one to fall back on.

Yes its cheaper but sometimes its good to buy the ships excursion so you are not having to worry all day!!

It's so easy I have used the train on 4 different occasions and never had any problems. It's better to get an early train and you can get back in plenty of time also try to visit just a couple of sites and go to others the next visit.

Watch out for bent taxi drivers at the station. A common scam when dropping you off is to let you turn away having paid the fare and then claim you gave a lower denomination note.

We always use the train. A few minutes walk to the station and then a cheap ride to the centre of Rome. Almost opposite the railway station is a small church, The Church to the Holy Japanese Martyrs. One day I went in and was quite awe struck at its beauty yet simplicity. If you get a chance and are interested have a quick look.