Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moonshine

What’S Your Favourite Type Of Onboard Entertainment ?

34 posts in this topic

Did everyone watch the final of Britain’s Got Talent ?  It makes me wonder if any of these acts make it onto a ship, what type of entertainment do you prefer on board ?

Theatre Shows, Live Bands or the classic Magic Shows & Comedians?

Or do you opt for something more home spun?

I love live music so like it when they have bands on board.  A lot of cruise lines now are doing themed sailings which I know are really popular like the Strictly Come Dancing.  One thing I did enjoy was the Movies Under The Stars on Princess was just something different.

I think the ventriloquist on P&O was in Britain’s got talent or something similar, he was very good, do like the west end style shows though P&O need some new ones, looking forward to trying something different on anthem of the seas next year, the 270 lounge looks amazing

WAVES likes this

Hi  I attend the evening entertainment on cruise ships and it certainly passes an hour on.  I can say that most of the shows are passable but very little IMO can be counted as excellent. All cruise lines are reluctant to be remotely different and so the status quo prevails.  Two shows I have particularly liked were a Beatles tribute act on the QM2 and a light/dance spectacular called Lumiere presented by Crystal (a novel and unique show)

WAVES likes this

I THINK A GOOD COMEDIAN WOULD BE BRILLIANT ON BOARD AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE OF THE ACTS ON BOARD P&O FROM BRITAINS GOT TALENT. aLSO AN ACT LIKE LUCY KAY WOULD BE FANTASTIC AS WELL. ALTHOUGH I THINK THE SHOWS ON BOARD ARE VERY GOOD I THINK ITS TIME WE HAD MORE CHOICE ON BOARD ;) 

We don't bother with the musicals, but enjoy the tribute acts, comediennes, magicians etc.

Also enjoy the ariel shows on RC but they are very short.

One of the most entertaining things I have watched was on our last cruise with RC.

It was a poolside/ passenger competition, where those who took part had to 'make their own boats, float them for a small amount of time and then add 6 full cans of beer to them before putting them back into the pool.

Some of the ideas were very creative.

All really good fun and the first time we have seen this done  

WAVES and J-Dog like this

We don't bother with the musicals, but enjoy the tribute acts, comediennes, magicians etc.

Also enjoy the ariel shows on RC but they are very short.

One of the most entertaining things I have watched was on our last cruise with RC.

It was a poolside/ passenger competition, where those who took part had to 'make their own boats, float them for a small amount of time and then add 6 full cans of beer to them before putting them back into the pool.

Some of the ideas were very creative.

All really good fun and the first time we have seen this done  

they do this on p&o too and each boat has to survive a 'bomb' a few people bombing into the pool right next to them lol

J-Dog likes this

they do this on p&o too and each boat has to survive a 'bomb' a few people bombing into the pool right next to them lol

lol They didn't do the 'bombing in the pool' I thought it was good fun though - one man used a suitcase!!  ;)

oh yes the ice show on royal caribean is amazing!

Of course I had forgotten about the ice show. Our last cruise on IOTS was hilarious as whilst waiting for the show to start the camera was picking out people in the audience and putting them on the large screen. The look on the faces when they realized they were on the screen  :) All good fun

WAVES likes this

Did everyone watch the final of Britain’s Got Talent ?  It makes me wonder if any of these acts make it onto a ship, what type of entertainment do you prefer on board ?

Theatre Shows, Live Bands or the classic Magic Shows & Comedians?

Or do you opt for something more home spun?

We have been on a couple of cruises where the Johnson Brothers were part of the entertainment - before they appeared in Britains got Talent

A good comedian can be entertaining so long as they are clean and not smutty, like Roy Walker, some of the tribute bands can be quite good too.

David

I saw my first crew show on the Oriana and I thought it was excellent,I really was entertained,  some of the theatre shows are excellent as are the tribute shows , some are dire  I am glad they have done away with the old comedians some of whom should be put out to grass they are so repetitive and dire. CG

My favourite acts are Brooks Aehron and Jonathan Kane. Both are usually found on Celebrity and Azamara ships. Jonathan Kane does a Sir. Elton John tribute and is the only one that I am aware of who is actually endorsed and has a seal of approval by him. Have a look at him on YouTube. Brooks Aehron is a concert pianist with a difference. Great pianist and entertainer. Always gets a standing ovation. Again have a look on YouTube.

For me Cunard's 'Insights' programme forms the basis of my daytime sea day entertainment. I've listened to such wonderful speakers on many diverse subjects. 

One of the very best of a very good bunch was General Sir Richard Dannatt  on a trans Atlantic crossing where I also had the privilege of sharing a table with him in the Queens grill.

Such a fascinating man.