Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Land Ahoy

Your Favourite Cover Version?

16 posts in this topic

Hi  The myth that the original version of any song is better than subsequent cover is often cited but I remain sceptical.  There are plenty of cover versions I prefer to the original.  I much prefer Hendrix's version of All Along The Watch Tower to Bob Dylan's and Blondie's version ot The Tide Is High is more pleasing to my ear than The Paragons original.  Which cover version do you prefer, if any, when compared the the original recording?

I think many people simply prefer the version of a song they heard first.

My most controversial choice is Geri Halliwell's version of It's Raining Men, originally by The Weather Girls.  I find the original just awful, and the Halliwell version much more fun.

I also prefer the Madonna version of American Pie, and the Lily Allen version of Everybody's Changing (originally by Keane).

So no, I don't buy the myth that the original is always best ;)

Hello,some time ago I chose Duncan as a companion on my dessert island.

Well sorry Duncan anyone who prefers Madonnas American Pie,well,relunctantly I now consider you persona non grata.That is of course until your next blog.I am fickle.

Rodger.

dst87 likes this

Hello,some time ago I chose Duncan as a companion on my dessert island.

Well sorry Duncan anyone who prefers Madonnas American Pie,well,relunctantly i now consider you person no grata.That is of course until your next blog.I am fickle.

Rodger.

Haha!  I'm so disappointed :(  It's OK I can enjoy the Don McLean version on the Desert Island!

Next blog in November :)

The Sex Pistols “My Way” just for the sheer audacity of taking on Frank.  The Klaxons did a cover of Grace “Not Over Yet” put more of a band & rock vibe to it which is my style.

Land Ahoy likes this

Hi Being a Led Zep fan I hate this version, have you heard Dolly Paton's version of this classic song?

hi Land Ahoy if you like led Zeppelin Karen O the Lead Singer of Yeah Yeah Yeahs did a cover of the Immigrant Song which it not too bad!

The Sex Pistols “My Way” just for the sheer audacity of taking on Frank.  The Klaxons did a cover of Grace “Not Over Yet” put more of a band & rock vibe to it which is my style.

Hi  I like "My Way" but it wasn't by the Pistols it was a solo effort by Sid Vicious, I spotify Karen O.  Thanks

RiverSong likes this

Hello, Terminator I cant beleive anyone mentions Rolf Harris.Rodger.

Why ever not?

The only thing he's guilty of at this time is infidelity and stupidity.

Neither as far as I'm aware are illegal under UK law..

I still believe that British justice ( the finest and the envy of the world) will arrive at a correct decision.

But until then it's still innocent until proven guilty as far as I'm concerned.

Cruiseada likes this

Hello,I dont think you needed to be Einstein.Of course terminator was correct in his statement.

Will all the pictures on P and O now become jetsom ?

Rodger.