Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlielou

Holland America - Formal Nights

6 posts in this topic

I can only base my comments on one recent cruise with HAL.

I would say that the dress code was reasonably well followed throughout the cruise, although I think there was quite a few suits and shorter dresses as well. We dressed formally and certainly dud not feel out of place. There were also quite a few jackets on the other nights.

It may be that the destination and type of cruise may make a difference.

We have cruised with HAL out of Fort Lauderdale & it was definitely formal black tie etc on the formal nights, however it was over the Christmas celebration period to the Caribbean and lots wore their White Tux jackets, ladies were all very nicely dressed,not all long dresses.

We are on a 35 nighter with HAL and I was wondering as to the actual number of formal nights we would have? Thinking maybe 10 but wondered if anyone could confirm??

I think you will be about right. I think it tends to be 2 on a 7 night cruise and 3 on a 10 or 11 night cruise. This is also matched by http://halfacts.com/how-many-formal-nights-are-there-going-to-be-on-my-cruise/ which I find a useful collection of information for HAL.