Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

Titanic 2 - May Have No Internet Or Tvs!

5 posts in this topic

Hi  Many commentators "dismissed" the plans to build a new Titanic but reports say it will be sailing its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York in 2016 but some still cast doubt on the vessel being built..  In keeping with its heritage it has been suggested that the ship will not have any internet connections for passengers and no TVs in the cabins.  I being a little older would cope without either but how would those who spend quite a lot on social sites feel about this.  Are you interested in taking a voyage on this type of ship or do you think that the most important new development in the cruise industry could make would be to speed up internet connection rates?

I actually have no desire whatsoever to cruise on this ship, I find it extremely gimmicky and a concept that just appears to take advantage of the history of the Titanic without actually doing it much justice from what I have seen so far of the build.  

I'm far more interested in the modern day world of cruising and would much rather see the enhancement of current on board facilities and services than set sail on this ship.

If it is keeping with its heritage it would not have enough lifeboats!!

Anyone can cope without a TV or internet if they have to but technology is there to use seems daft to me not to use it.

Oh wow this sounds brilliant! If this is true, I certainly would look into booking ths! It would be amazing if they went even further with the in keeping of its heritage and they had all the entertainment and the food the same as it was back then, perhaps even a night where everyone could dress up in the clothes that they would have wore on board! They could do this for the maiden voyage at least?

Last summer my partner and I went to Belfast for a long weekend and, along with the great night life that is there! They also have a Titanic museum and I found it so interesting.

I am 26, so I suppose I am from the generation of 'social sites' etc but I certainly wouldn't miss the TV's or internet connection!

I haven't ever bought internet access whilst on a ship yet…. I do have a mobile in case anyone needs to get in touch though. Its not the end of the world , we used to survive without the media access and lets face it without it, it would get people actually talking to each other again.