Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

Fan Cruises

6 posts in this topic

Hi  The Backstreet Boys have joined a small number groups (Kiss, The Moody Blues amongst others), who have fan based cruises featuring live concerts and question and answer seminars etc.  Would you like to see more of these type of theme cruises and who would like to like to realistically take part (for example Led Zeppelin, the remaning Beatles aren't).  I know my partner would say the Osmonds (with or without Donny) while I wouldn't mind some of the 60/70's bands (The Searchers, Gerry and Pacemarkers, Mud, Suzi Quatro, Sweet etc) since many are still regularly touring smaller venues.

Can't say it would appeal to me.  We were on one cruise that we found out when we boarded was a 'Symphony at Sea' cruise, with a large group of classical music fans and a full orchestra on board.  They had a lot of private seminars which took over some of the lounges, but their concerts in the theatre were open to all and were enjoyable in moderation.  I wouldn't want a cruise to be devoted to indoor activities for too much of the time.

Not my cup of tea either I do not want to sit around listening to people going on about there exploits in the music industry know they are not as popular as they once were IMO ;)

Hello,my only problem with 60s/70s groups be it on land or ship is that they do not ressemble what we remember.

We saw Gerry and the Pacemakers locally and I dont think any of the so called pacemakers were more than 30 years old.

The Searchers tour as Mike Pender and the Searchers,I suspect that meens he is possibly the only one left.My appologise if I am wrong.

The Hollies are one of my all time favourites,but no Allen Clarke and of course no Grahame Nash.

So no thank you,but I hope anyone who does enjoys.

Rodger.

I don't think so… I was on a cruise and the Bachelors were on… there was only one remaining member of the group. So it isn't the same. Usually I find that unless it is the 'Michael Ball' type cruise, most of the ones that are in their 60's or 70s are generally has beens that havent been heard of for ages. I saw Jimmy James on a cruise, I thought he would be good as I like that sort of music, he was pretty awful, mainly because he hadn't altered the songs to fit how his voice was now and he couldn't hit the notes… there isn't any enjoyment in that.

No I'm afraid it wouldn't appeal to me. I don't really go to the Theatre a lot when onboard in any case, only to see something a little unusual, and occasionally to see the Headliners.