Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sequencedancer

Corfu Town And Kotor Montenegro Appropriate Clothing

9 posts in this topic

We would like to walk around both Corfu town and Kotor and visit a few of the churches, but wondered if my husband could wear shorts just above the knee. If someone could advise us as to what parts of the body need to be covered we would appreciate it, I am under the impression that ladies arms knees and shoulders should all be covered not sure about the head?  gents I have no idea what needs to be covered up.

Been to both destinations but not visited churches. There are no special clothing requirements as I recall but it is just to dress with respect - would your husband wear shorts to visit churches in the UK?

I can't give specific advice but I don't think there are specific requirements to cover the head in the Greek Orthodox Church. I presume that the Orthodox Church in Montenegro would be similar. Personally I would avoid shorts as that can cause a problem in some places, although in some places they have had sarongs that you can use to cover your legs.

Hi  I have been in some churches in Kotor (I don't know which ones though) I was wearing shorts along with a polo shirt (male)  and I was not denied admission.

Some years ago we visited a cathedral in Corfu. Women had to cover their legs but not their heads but men were allowed in wearing shorts.

I think the orthodox churches of the various countries all have a similar dress code, that being shoulders and knees covered. Some churches enforce it but many will tolerate non conformation knowing that it is usually tourists who are not complying.

Been to both destinations but not visited churches. There are no special clothing requirements as I recall but it is just to dress with respect - would your husband wear shorts to visit churches in the UK?

I would. What is wrong with a pair of shorts?

Having gone on an excursion in Corfu this May we visited the church and monastery at Paleokastritsa.

I have pictures of visitors in shorts and sandals and some ladies with bare arms.

There were no restrictions though the advice on board was for no shorts.

Hello,as an aetheist I have never been able to understand this about  not being allowed to wear shorts in a church.If I was a worshipper how does the fact that I have chosen to wear shorts affect my beliefs.

Having said that I do beleive you have to respect the religion as it is their church.

Just as a by the by once in a Vienna park I was asked by an attendant not to lie down as it was dissrespectfull.?.To whom.