Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

enrique

River Cruises

9 posts in this topic

is it really only the older generation that go on river cruises? I quite fancy trying one but dont want to be the youngest onboard by a mile, haha

I really fancy river cruising as well, but at 26 would a,most certainly be the youngest!

I just like the idea of being able to walk right off the ship and straight into the city centre!

Enrique you have the exact same thoughts as me except mines cruising in general! We're going on our first cruise towards the end of this year, so hopefully this will open our eyes a little!

Hi  I have done only two river cruises - the Nile and the Rhine.  The majority of the passengers on the Rhine cruise was 60+ but active and good company.  On the NIle cruise the age range of the passengers was much more varied; ranging from the mid twenties upwards.   

when i went the Rhine, the ship was of all ages and nationalities, i absolutely loved it, just stepping out into the town is very good

if you ever get chance visit a town called Boppard, one of my fav places in Europe

I would never let age be a barrier to me,we all get old as time goes by so enjoy life while you can. Some people say they would never go on a family friendly cruise because of the children, why not we were all young once. ;)

is it really only the older generation that go on river cruises? I quite fancy trying one but dont want to be the youngest onboard by a mile, haha

Good morning Enrique.

An interesting question but you don't tell us your age.

Now I'm in my late sixties and am constantly being asked when scrambling up high vantage points for better photographs on excursions, where I get my energy from.

Invariably they come from fellow travellers who certainly 'look' a lot younger than me. wink.png wink.png

8739709042_9cb7c09b9c_z.jpg

I've booked to go on a river cruise!!!! Danube for my birthday 21st November!!!! I told you i've always wanted to go!!! hahaha ..............so i'm going!!!