Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pebbles93

Delightful Danube!

8 posts in this topic

afternoon fellow cruisers!

my gran is very interested in a danube cruise with viking, can anyone who has done this sailing shed any light on the ship (or longboat should i say) and the ports of call?

thanking you :)

Pebbles x

Hi  It is a good cruise, you don't say how your gran's mobility is,(hopefully she's in good health) but in order to get the most out of the holiday it is better if you can walk fairly long distances.  I would also advice her to consider other cruise lines, Viking is good but because of TV advertising it is seen by some to be the only river cruise line but others such as Uniworld etc are even better.

Hi Land Ahoy :)

shes 75 but in better shape than most 20 year olds! she has seen viking advertised the most, how do uniworld compare?

Hi  Uniworld are the "best" of the river cruise line a cut above of Viking or so I am informed but it is more expensive.  I only mentioned this company because I too made enquires about a Viking river cruise but as a single traveller I was quoted a single occupancy of 100% which I refused to pay.  The travel agent suggested Uniworld and managed to find a cruise which carried only a 25% supplement  I booked this vioyage but haven't been on it yet.  I therefore can't say how good or bad it is and reading a few reviews on the internet suggests it does warrant it's good reputation.

afternoon fellow cruisers!

my gran is very interested in a danube cruise with viking, can anyone who has done this sailing shed any light on the ship (or longboat should i say) and the ports of call?

thanking you :)

Pebbles x

Delighted to be of assistance if I'm not too late...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/05/28/solent-richard-catches-a-viking-maiden/

8856276492_59214cb020_z.jpg