Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kellyohara

Post/pre Cruise Stays

8 posts in this topic

Hey, ive never done a cruise and a pre or post cruise stay, wondering if anyone else has and if the return home is as easy as it is when you fly back the same day as disembarking?

Thanksx

Very simple Kelly, whether your doing your own arrangements or with the cruise line, it's often nice to spend a bit more time in port either pre or post cruise, especially in cities like Venice, Istanbul and Barcelona but of course, as hturtle says above, there's plenty more exciting places to do it as well.  I'd also love to do a cruise and stay in the far east.

we did a pre cruise stay in barcelona before embarking on the NCL Spirit. Have to say it was great for us to do that as we were already relaxed and in full holiday mode by the time we got on the ship. It's also good for seeing the embarkation/disembarkation port as otherwise you don't get to see these places.

I did a pre cruise stay in singapore after friends & fellow forum members recommended it, it was the best idea ever and I really thoroughly enjoyed  the experience

Iv done this once, i booked it with the operator so they sorted my hotel transfers etc out as soon as i boarded the plane to when i disembarked everything was so easy! id definatly recommend, if you are making your own plans you can just move your flights to suit yourself with the operator to! simple as that.. I used bolsover cruise club to do this, I did not lift a finger :)

We always add a pre or post cruise stay when we are going to an interesting destination.  We make our own arrangements,because we find that the cruise line rates are very expensive.  When we flew to Australia for a cruise to NZ, we knew that with the expensive air fare we were unlikely to visit that area again, so we spent ten days in Australia before and a week in New Zealand afterwards.  Since we retired we have time to take longer trips.  Next year we are heading to Singapore for a cruise to Vietnam and the Philippines.  We will spend a week in Malaysia before the cruise, then stay on the ship for a second cruise to Dubai, where we will stay for another week.  

Sheila