Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MeeMee

Grand Harbour

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone stopped at the grand Harbour recently since the refurbishments have been completed. We are stopping in August for a pre-cruise overnight stay. How was it and do you have any tips re making the most of the stay. We have booked bed and breakfast in a deluxe king room.

hi we stopped there 1 jul and the hotel is absolutely beautiful!. we had a deluxe king with balcony and it was immaculate. Enjoy!!

Hello Mee Mee,we have used the park and stay on three occasions,both pre and post alterations.

I have said on this forum before the transfers are seemless and the Hotel very nice.

If you like Italian food La Lupa on the High Street we liked.

Royal Thai Pier in our oppinion is over priced and of poor quality.

Rodger.

Nice to hear that they have completed an upgrade as I have used the hotel twice before once just on diner bed and breakfast in a basic room and last time two years ago using their ultimate cruise package, now booked in for Nov in a deluxe sea view on the ultimate cruise package again, can't wait, it is a very nice hotel friendly and helpful staff and as said above the transfers are seemless

It was my hotel of choice when we returned to meet up with friends from our hotel in Bath and our own house in Warsash was being rented.

We often call in for afternoon tea when out shopping in Southampton. Still very good despite the change of ownership.

8695491526_d3a93aa5dc_z.jpg

It hasn't been part of the De Vere group for a while Eyes 12,  we stayed there recently though and it is still very nice.

Was that prior to joining Queen Mary 2 for the Anniversary Cruise?

Shame we didn't get to meet up, there were a number of Forum members onboard and we had a great time together.

Further to my last we stayed there in November had booked their ultimate cruise package, on arrival found they had upgraded us to their best suit. Staff were great and the transfers went smoothly.

Depends on the circumstances for me and possibly the mood I'm in at the time of booking tongue.png

If I'm looking for a bit of relaxation and luxury then it will always be the Grand Harbour or Hilton for me but if I'm looking for a better price option then I have often used the Jury's Inn or Ibis in the past.