Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaguar01

Sea Walk.

6 posts in this topic

Hello,The anorak is out again,so if you turn off i will understand.

I had seen the Sea Walk may times on the Geiranger Fjord web cam,and because of the distance from the web cam it always appeared to be a rather flimsy affair.

Thanks to the brilliant video posted by Solent Richard,this has proven to be far from the reality of this fine piece of engineering.

The video really sparked my interest.

Stay awake at the back please.

Richard,and his fellow passengers on the Celebrity Eclipse, were told by the cruise director that ths Sea Walk was a joint venture between Celebrity and Crystal.

This is not true.

Sea Walk is a commercial venture owned by,Sea Walk Geiranger,and patented by Sea Walk Concept.

The first Sea Walk was introduced in Skjolden in the summer of 2012 with the Queen Elizabeth being its first customer.

Geiranger Sea Walk was introduced in 2013 and the first ship to use it was,Cruise and Maritime Discovery,23rd August.

The claim is that the Sea Walk will reduce emmisions and discharges into the fjord.

I would not though rush to buy shares in this venture,as from July 13th to today:- Geiranger has been visited by 43 ships with only 6 using the facility.

.Back outside to the Fuchsias now.

Rodger.

Very innovative, just watched a couple of YouTube videos. We've just booked a cruise up there, will leave in two weeks. Wonder if P&O use it?

RayO

Well I can't complain if they don't considering what we've paid on a last minute deal.

I like innovation like this and, at the moment, it's a novelty. Perhaps they're charging too much.

Anyway, there is only one. So, if there is more than one ship in the fjord they can't all use it.

RayO

Good morning Rodger.

I certainly didn't mention Crystal when I gave my report.

I can only reconfirm what the Celebrity Cruise Director stated publicly, that Celebrity 'put up the money' and had priority.

This was certainly demonstrated on our arrival as we were the third ship to arrive, the other two were already tendering.

How are the fuchsias? 

WAVES likes this