Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

"hurricane Bertha" Heading Towards The Uk!

11 posts in this topic

A Tropical Storm called Bertha, which was a hurricane on Monday but has now been downgraded, is currently situated off the east coast of the US.  It's predicted 5 day forecast track takes it across the North Atlantic.  But is it heading for the UK & what will this mean for our summer.

We all know that most children are now on their annual summer holiday & in tradition with many years British Weather dose not tend to support this.  We won’t be seeing a ‘hurricane in Europe’, but there is a chance we could see a fairly active summer storm.  As Bertha grows older, weaker and closer we will be able to see its potential for affecting the UK and Europe's weekend weather.  It is certainly possible that heavy rain, strong winds and large waves could dominate Sundays forecast.

So it looks like I may have to cancel my plans for a BBQ this weekend but fingers crossed we will get our sunshine back. 

WAVES likes this

i was listening to this on the redio this morning. Looks like britains super summer is not going to happen this year.

I got caught in a tropical storm in bermuda at the end of last year and it was not nice, so fingers crossed she is just a storm. :(