Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buddy

Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska

8 posts in this topic

I really fancy doing a cruise to Alaska next year but want to do the Canadian Rockies with the Rocky Mountaineer.

I seem to be having problems finding anything as much of the tours are for Alaska not Rockies.

Any suggestions anyone??

Hi,

We have looked into a trip across Canada as one of our bucket list trips. We looked at going with Titan Hi Tours which did two train crossings the latter section being on the Rocky Mountaineer. You could then extend the trip by cruising the inside passage but I'm not sure what ships were planned for the voyage. Doing the trip with the best grade of everything came to a price that made your eyes water so we have shelved that one for a while !

Looks lovely though.

Regards

GiGi

There is nothing to stop you booking the Rocky Mountaineer and the cruise separately. It's just a question of getting the dates to line up. A few days in a hotel in Vancouver in between would be quite enjoyable if there are a few days in between.

Brian

They are on Facebook so you could msg them directly .. I would post the link but does not seem to allow me.

As to cruise ships for Alaska season , the season starts in May and ends in September and many cruise lines (Princess / RCL / HAL / Disney , Carnival and speciality lines provide cruises out of Seattle or Vancouver or one way from Vancouver or Anchorage Alaska.

They also provide a full train trip and cruise combination but it would be date specific and it starts in Seattle but seems to do the cruise return also.

As someone said earlier the prices might blow you away  especially of you do the oneway Alaska option as it means you have to add an airfare section oneway from Vancouver or Anchorage. 

The cruise companies have their own lodges and train services in the Alaska portion so you see a deeper part of Alaska.

The RMT look after overnighting at hotels in Jasper / Kamloops though you want to ensure you are returning to Vancouver

Personally I would either use Seattle or Vancouver as your jumping off points as you can explore the citties and areas and time your stay for the cruise as well as the train ride and give you options as to which cruise line.

That way you can take adventure of cruiseline specials as the train low rates are mainly if you book early. 

Enjoy the planning  

covcity0 and Matilda_1 like this