Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ahoy

Caribbean Excursions

13 posts in this topic

Hi  Unfortunately there isn't a great deal of choice of shore excursions in the Caribbean particularly of a cultural nature (how many times can you visit a restored Plantation House).  However, some of the views, beaches are outstanding.  Although many of the islands are similar in nature some such as Dominica are very green and lush and visiting the tropical rainforests is interesting along with whale watching.  Other things such as the botanic gardens and swimming with stingrays, dolphins are available on some islands.  It may be better to Google things to do on each island you are visiting as it is difficult to suggest specific things as many of the things mentioned on this forum will be on islands which are not visted on your cruise..

You are quite correct but they can be expensive to book sometimes it is better to wait and see if you can get a better deal once there imo ;)

if any of the countries yo are visiting have the rainforest arial tram ride, this is a fabulous way to see the rain forest as you go through the forest one ay & back over the canopy, some of the tours to the smaller rum factories are good but dont bother with the bigger suppliers as you done get to see much.

There is a really good tour in Barbados that P&O do.  Its a catameran trip with snorkelling with the turtles.  its not too expensive as its a full day and includes lunch.

We are cruising Eastern Caribbean next year, visiting Barbados, St Maarten, Antigua, Dominica, Grenada, Aruba and Curacao. Does anyone have any recommendations for excursions and whether its best to do the ships excursions or independents?

Thanks.

We are cruising Eastern Caribbean next year, visiting Barbados, St Maarten, Antigua, Dominica, Grenada, Aruba and Curacao. Does anyone have any recommendations for excursions and whether its best to do the ships excursions or independents?

Thanks.

We prefer to do the ship excursions, as I’m always worried about missing the ship, so I’m afraid I can’t help with any DIY information. We’ve done the  catamaran turtle snorkel excursion twice in Barbados. In St Maarten we did the semi-sub, although this is not a good tour if you are claustrophobic. In Curacao we did an island tour which took us to the Curacao Museum, the Hato Caves and the factory where they make the famous liqueur and in Dominica we did the Indian river rowboat excursion, while we enjoyed it some people weren’t happy that it took one hour each way to get to the river and back. 

twinky likes this

We prefer to do the ship excursions, as I’m always worried about missing the ship, so I’m afraid I can’t help with any DIY information. We’ve done the  catamaran turtle snorkel excursion twice in Barbados. In St Maarten we did the semi-sub, although this is not a good tour if you are claustrophobic. In Curacao we did an island tour which took us to the Curacao Museum, the Hato Caves and the factory where they make the famous liqueur and in Dominica we did the Indian river rowboat excursion, while we enjoyed it some people weren’t happy that it took one hour each way to get to the river and back.

Thank you for the information, Tally.

Tally likes this