Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Istanbul Information

3 posts in this topic

I spotted a question concerning Istanbul on another forum and was quite surprised that there was little substance in the answers. 

I therefore thought I'd give the answers on here as it will obviously be of interest.

The subject concerned transfers from Istanbul Airport and what the requirements are for Turkish Visas.

With an upcoming visit to Istanbul to join a cruise ship I have just gone through the procedure.

The NEW Turkish visa requirements are that passengers joining cruise ships in Istanbul will require an entry Visa. There is a new system for applying for these visas online. The cost of the online application is $20.00 per person.

The Turkish Government have recently extended the time that visas may be purchased at the time of entry. Details are contained in this UK Government website...

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

But do note that at 'point of entry' the charge increases to £20.00. 

As far as transfers from the airport to either ship or accommodation, the cost will depend on which of Istanbul's two airports one arrives at.

I will be arriving at the main Ataturk Airport and have arranged a 'private transfer' to our hotel where we will stay prior to joining our ship. That charge was 100 Turkish Lira which at today's rate of 3.63 to the £ is roughly £27.50.

Why did i prefer a private transfer?

Well if you have transferred in Istanbul previously you would have noticed the traffic system is pretty clogged. A fixed price transfer is far more reassuring than sat in a traffic jam watching a taxi's meter clocking up the Lira.

Let me just add for clarity. If you sail into and out of Istanbul on a cruise ship there is NO visa requirements. 

I trust this information is helpful to those contemplating transfers and visits to Istanbul.

Bolsover Cruise Club Forum is renowned for offering reliable advice from seasoned cruisers.

june63 likes this

if I may add to that Richard please

If you are disembarking in Turkey you also need to apply for the evisa using the same link

and you will only be able to get a visa on arrival "point of arrival" until jan 15 when it is stopped completely

if I may add to that Richard please

If you are disembarking in Turkey you also need to apply for the evisa using the same link

and you will only be able to get a visa on arrival "point of arrival" until jan 15 when it is stopped completely

Excellent and thank you HTurtle.

As I said, great information from Bolsover's seasoned cruisers.   ;)  ;)