Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falmouthgirl

World Cruises 2016..

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday  I received notification of the 2016 world cruise voyages from Cunard and P&O, most over  and up to 121 days , glancing through them  they seem to have taken  most countries in, OZ, NZ including the Mitford Sound , also South America through Panama the Caribbean the pacific, then going to the far East,China , India through Suez and into the Med ,  and back to the UK.

I am lucky having done two world cruises  but these certainly whetted the appetite I can tell you, it also back great memories  of visiting these faraway places without  flying Southampton to Southampton, no hassle taxi up to  the ship    ,porters on hand  then   unpack   only   once cases dispatched to the hold for the hold for the duration then taxi home.

Unfortunately I can't go for long cruises at the moment grandchildren   to look after , hospital appointments etc can only cruise last minute and then only for a fortnight but grateful for that.

A lot will say they couldn't be away for such a time but believe me   it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and take it while you are still mobile and pill free , anyone thinking of taking a world cruise take a look at the brochures  2016 will soon be here. CG

Hi there Cornish Girl.

I too had numerous emails covering the launch of the 2016 World Cruise programmes of P&O and Cunard.

I well remember your two world cruise adventures with P&O. Yours were both proper world cruises and of a decent length as I recall.

Again there are some interesting itineraries.  I see P&O have skipped Argentina in order to get to the Falklands. Well done them.

8504314312_82982bef40_z.jpg

Hello Richard,

Yes I noticed that they had skipped Argentina, for the Falklands, we were lucky  we did two days in Argentina  great city[a shame about the politics]] we were also lucky to have a wonderful day  and sunny one in the Falklands some have not been so lucky on their world cruises, I 'd certainly do it all again Richard if the circumstances were different.

We are celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary in November  [sapphire ] so hopefully we can find a nice cruise to tie in with the date,  . CG 

We love world cruises and I am studying the the itineraries and QM2 looks promising for me. I have had a chat with Cunard about it already. Booking open to world club members on the 9th September. We may do half of the world cruise as to be honest we don't want to go to Cochin again. Been three times and although I love India , it is just so difficult to get visas for India as we live in Cyprus and it is impossible to do from here. Last year we had to pay £1000 to sort out India and China visas. So seeing as we have done both these countries more than once we will try to avoid them now. QM2 is making a maiden call into Limassol though so that will be good I will get to see her again.

They certainly look interesting cruises. Our World Circumnavigation in 2013 was for 106 days. I believe the year before it was for 98 days. So they seem to be getting longer and longer. As maggieshoemou says the Indian visa can be a bit of a nightmare, I'm glad we don't have to do that again this year.

I would echo maggieshoemou sentimnet on the indian visa,  i recently had to get one for a 1 day stop in the andaman islands, it really didnt seem worth it especially as this also comes with restrictions so it costs even more, its like most things if they did a day pass/visa it would make more sense

too little time to be doing a world cruise yet but these ones that have just come out look like brillaint itinerarays and something a bit different to what there past world cruises have been. the sectors look brilliant aswell :D

I  think when it involves Indian or Chinese visa's  its  best to to go with the agent, it will cost more, but on an expensive world cruise it's better to be safe than sorry. CG

Good point CG ;)

If you live in the UK it is not difficult to obtain visas for India or China. You can do it yourself as we have done in the past or you can use an agent.  Doing it yourself you do  it online and they are very efficient and even text you when the visas a are ready. It takes about 5 days.  Other than that you can use Cunard visa service and they are very good also. We have done the lot as we have had to apply for India and China four times in the past.

I would never let this small hurdle stop me booking a world cruise.

My comments about not bothered about going again were because we have done  both these ports a few times and  because we live overseas it is difficult for  us to get visas without having to fly o the UK and stay there or use the  Cunard visa service at a  lot more cost. Either way we have a lot of extra expense. However, if it was my first time I would just book and sort it out as we have done on four occasion in the past. India is fascination and I love Mumbai.

Falmouthgirl likes this