Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ron

Rudeness

59 posts in this topic

Why on earth do people have to be so rude to other posters just because they might not agree with what another person says,I was under the impression that we all had our own opinions and where free to express what we thought.!

loz6, dst87, Sailaway and 6 others like this

Yes,I have noticed that, Ron. It certainly doesn't encourage one to post. Perhaps it's because people are not face to face. I can't imagine anyone being as snide or nasty on first acquaintance in real life.

Maddie3, ron and nick1310 like this

Why on earth do people have to be so rude to other posters just because they might not agree with what another person says,I was under the impression that we all had our own opinions and where free to express what we thought.!

It's often the nature of Forums Ron.

The art of communication is a wonderful thing.

Misinterpretation is also often the root cause. It works both ways of course especially where envy creeps in.

Roger De-Tolly likes this

Hi again Ron.

Back from breakfast now. Do I take it that this is to do with 'PlebGate': the cruising version.  ;)  ;)

I quite agree, though I'm not sure specifically what you're referring to.  Have I missed something?

You have hit the nail on the head Ron.  Everyone is entitled to say what they wish.  Whether or not comments can be considered rude is quite literally a matter of opinion and it is up to admin to decide whether or not a person's comments are to the detriment of the forum and its members.  Otherwise, ignore any member you consider rude.

ron likes this

But there are some on here that have a reputation for upsetting people and causing trouble and it seems to follow them around whichever forums they are on.

I must concur with Jaguar01 and Richard Solent from a.n.other thread..time to put names to accusations otherwise we'll never get these people whoever they are a reminder from admin that there is a certain standard of behaviour expected of forum members.

I would also hope that the OP has sent admin a complaint.

Plus I'm a nosey booger and as I have no idea what this is all about would somebody care to illuminate me?

Complain to Admin.  No one is ever going to change someone else so you might as well not waste your time arguing with an individual.  If someone is a victim of a personal attack that is one thing, but if someone has strong views and abrasive personality you can either take on board what they say, or ignore them.  Are you going to start arguing the toss?  Waste of time because you will not stop someone saying what they wish.  But Admin can!  Only admin can decide whether or not the comments made by members are not in keeping with the rules of the forum.  I can't see any point in posting a thread about rude people which alludes to something the rest of us have no clue about.  Naming names will just create a flashpoint and unnecessary unpleasantness.  Tell Admin.     

Hello terminator,we have missed you.

I may be totally wrong,and obviously I appologise if that is the case.

I think we are refreing to june 63 using the word PLEBS,in a thread,

" what does your cruise line give you fo loyalty ".

Rodger.

Hi  Opinions vary and if you don't like a cruise line/ship and certain aspects of the overall cruise experience then they see it has a personal attack of their lifestyle choices and take it as an insult of their taste. This is an irrelevance for most posters since they only cruise with a very limited nuimber of cruise lines so as far as I am concerned can't really make a valid judgement,  However, I do accept that they have found a cruise line which meets their expectations but by remaining loyal to a few companies they are unlikely have found the ideal cruise line  for themselves,  but are over protective to the lines they prefer.

I think its very hard to interpret things online also, a poster may put something not meaning to insult any one in any way, its how the person reading it takes it, which is all down to individuals, what is insulting to one person may not be to another and people may not mean to be intentially rude. Having said this I have seen a few exceptions on this forum but out of the 1000s of posts its a very small percent

Rodger.

Hi Rodger

Just had a few days on a friends narrow boat before it gets put away for the winter...very relaxing but internet very sparse.

To be honest if that's the case then admin should have jumped on it and as far as we know might have done.

Handbags at 50 paces...move on.

I cannot find a post which includes the word 'plebs' on the mentioned thread so perhaps it has been removed.  Let admin decide if something is out of keeping with the forum's rules and etiquette and if so they can take the appropriate action.  Other than the ruling of admin, so what if someone refers to others as 'plebs', if that's what they think, that's what they think. It is rude yes, but says more about the person saying it than anything.  Too many people try to make others behave how they would wish in this world instead of just thinking 'that is your view but I disagree' and moving on.  Raising stuff in a public way does not solve anything because if there is a response it invariably turns into a slanging match and I wouldn't like to see this forum go the way of others.  But a strong zero-tolerance admin is definitely required.

Rodger.

Nail on the head Rodger why do people have to try in (my opinion) to belittle other people or think they are superior,this as stated is my opinion.

There are posters on this site who have sailed on the more prestige lines (Azamara Regent silversea etc) who bring a wealth of information without a sense of we are better than those who only cruise P&O for instance ;)

JH327 likes this

I have discovered there are two threads with the same title regarding cruise line loyalty and I have now seen the one containing that word.  I think if I'd paid for the privilege of boarding before other people I wouldn't be very happy if folk just turned up and got on before me. However, there is no need for name calling.  Since the thread appears to be a conversation between just a couple of people this shall be my last contribution to this particular thread

Too much emphasis on taking offence, such sensitive folk, and not enough on enjoying banter methinks.

I haven't come across anything truly rude on here yet, though I haven't read everything.

RayO

DavidH, Tally and J-Dog like this

Too much emphasis on taking offence, such sensitive folk, and not enough on enjoying banter methinks.

I haven't come across anything truly rude on here yet, though I haven't read everything.

RayO

Rayo

Suggest you read original post again the question was (Why do people have to be so rude) not offensive or sensitive ;)

I think any grown adult who thinks the word 'Pleb' is rude really should just man up a little bit.. I mean really??

Its a word with a meaning just like any other word, is it really so rude??!!

You're an adult and its not the playground back at primary school, I really don't think you need to go running to 'Admin' like a crying little girl!

Just because some folk think they are better than the rest of the entire human race, so what! 'C'est la vie!'

Let them think they are because as long as you are happy with who you are and what you have then is that not enough?

I think any grown adult who thinks the word 'Pleb' is rude really should just man up a little bit.. I mean really??

Its a word with a meaning just like any other word, is it really so rude??!!

You're an adult and its not the playground back at primary school, I really don't think you need to go running to 'Admin' like a crying little girl!

Just because some folk think they are better than the rest of the entire human race, so what! 'C'est la vie!'

Let them think they are because as long as you are happy with who you are and what you have then is that not enough?

Lets get one thing straight first I did not go running to Admin like a little girl secondly I do not need you to tell me that I am an Adult I think you should look inward first.

Now ladies, please! (In no way should anyone take offence at my use of the word ladies, though you can if you want. I don't care.)

RayO

J-Dog likes this