Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GiGi

Dressing For The Weather

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know my cruise is a long way off but I like to be prepared.

We will be cruising northern Norway at the end of February 2016 and are wondering what type of outdoor clothing is recommended including footwear. I know they say layers is a good idea but we wondered if ski type clothing would be the way to go. We thought we could keep an eye out in the sales this winter and try and pick up bits and bobs to put away.

Also, during the day time on sea days what clothing is deemed suitable for just pottering about and going for lunch?

And (sorry just one more!) on a 12 night cruise how many formal nights would there be? I'm already looking at posh frocks !!

Many thanks

Gi Gi

You are quite right layers are the best for Northern Europe. It will be cool but unsure if ski wear is just a little too much - depends if you are cold blooded. Certanily take sweaters and good quality body warmers and a heavy jacket. Normal cruise clothing throughout the day. Formal nights usually 2 to a week so definitely 3 possibly 4 dependant on sea days and cruise director.