Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shazbo123

Gratuities

5 posts in this topic

hi can anyone tell me if they have been on ncl cruise lines and paid the gratuities they want instead of the daily amount i find it quite expensive

$12 a day ! That is only 50cents more then what Cunard charge for Britannia Guests.

NCL state

if there is a service issue can the service charges be adjusted on board? Guest satisfaction is the highest priority at Norwegian Cruise Line. We have structured a guest satisfaction program designed to handle any concerns about service or on-board product quickly and efficiently. However, in the event a service issue should arise during your cruise please let our on-board guest services desk staff know right away, so that we can address these in a timely manner. It is our goal to reach a satisfactory solution to any issue when it happens and make sure our guests can focus on enjoying their cruise. Should your concerns not be met with satisfaction you can adjust the charges.

I personally would never remove the service charges as it is part and parcel of the cost of being on board, unless the service was absolutely dire. On some cruise lines the staff know who has removed the service charges.

Although argued against by some, tipping/gratuities are part of the fabric of the current way cruising operates.

Therefore tips should be factored in when costing a cruise as, rightly or wrongly, the crew are very reliant on tips to give them a living wage.

You should do some searches on tips or gratuities to get a feel for why you should pay the amount suggested, if not more.

RayO

$12 a day ! That is only 50cents more then what Cunard charge for Britannia Guests.

NCL state

if there is a service issue can the service charges be adjusted on board? Guest satisfaction is the highest priority at Norwegian Cruise Line. We have structured a guest satisfaction program designed to handle any concerns about service or on-board product quickly and efficiently. However, in the event a service issue should arise during your cruise please let our on-board guest services desk staff know right away, so that we can address these in a timely manner. It is our goal to reach a satisfactory solution to any issue when it happens and make sure our guests can focus on enjoying their cruise. Should your concerns not be met with satisfaction you can adjust the charges.

I personally would never remove the service charges as it is part and parcel of the cost of being on board, unless the service was absolutely dire. On some cruise lines the staff know who has removed the service charges.

Good afternoon Peter.

We are in harmony on gratuities I see.

Although argued against by some, tipping/gratuities are part of the fabric of the current way cruising operates.

Therefore tips should be factored in when costing a cruise as, rightly or wrongly, the crew are very reliant on tips to give them a living wage.

You should do some searches on tips or gratuities to get a feel for why you should pay the amount suggested, if not more.

RayO

Well said Ray.

You know that is what I really like about this forum. It's not dominated by cheapskates.