Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trebor49

Hotel & Car Parking

10 posts in this topic

Hello Trebor49,I have posted an answer on this site before,We have used the Grand Harbour 3 times.I will admit it is not cheap but the service is first class.

Hello Trebor49,I have posted an answer on this site before,We have used the Grand Harbour 3 times.I will admit it is not cheap but the service is first class.

Spot on Jaguar. 

It's a funny old world but I do smile. People pay thousands of bucks for a cruise then scrimp on saving for a decent hotel.

8695491526_d3a93aa5dc_z.jpg

richardh likes this

Does anyone know of any hotels where the nights stay can be at the end of the cruise? (drop the car at the hotel transfer to ship and on return transfer to hotel and stay until following day) We have a Friday return day and from experience the traffic on Fridays adds about 5 hours onto our drive home . 

Agree with the comments on the grand harbour, stayed their myself multiple times now and had good experiences each time.

Was interesting to see that Bolsover covered the hotel in their blog recently - http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/blog/2015/03/20/36191-start-your-holiday-in-style-at-the-grand-harbour-hotel/

I'd definitely recommend it but it isn't the cheapest so if you are looking for a budget option then something like the Jury's Inn would be on my list of suggestions as would the Ibis as although it is not as comfortable, it is in an excellent location in close proximity to the dock gates.

Does anyone know of any hotels where the nights stay can be at the end of the cruise? (drop the car at the hotel transfer to ship and on return transfer to hotel and stay until following day) We have a Friday return day and from experience the traffic on Fridays adds about 5 hours onto our drive home . 

I can't see why there should be a problem would it matter if it was before or after you would still be paying for a night at the hotel plus parking.

We've always found the Grand Harbour very accommodating with anything different we've requested, why not drop them an e-mail and ask.