Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Capt bludnut

Intercruises Coaches

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone had an issue with the above? Twice since July of this year I have complained to Intercruises about the coaches that they contract. In general, they contract Coopers Coaches, which we have found not to be as modern,or as comfortable as other companies,ie. Eavesway. Given that Intercruises charge us quite a bit more for using their service, I believe that we as CUSTOMERS SHOULD EXPECT TOP QUALITY TRAVEL. The Coopers coach from Woodhall Services on which we travelled two weeks ago, was about seven years old, well past its sell by date, we think that it was a SERVICE BUS, and it DID NOT HAVE A TOILET on it. We had already been delayed 45 minutes while the driver, and his mate, loaded the cases, he then informed us about the lack of facilities, thus resulting in half of the passengers leaving the coach to use the toilets in the service station, making us well over an hour late. I am sorry Intercruises but this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

In spite of the above, we have just enjoyed a great cruise on P&Os Aurora, even though there was an outbreak of the NOVORVIRUS. The crew did a fantastic job in keeping it down to only 32 cases. They had to work extremely hard keeping everything clean. In the Orangery, we were not allowed to touch any food,everything was put on plates on the trays by the staff, they even served us with drinks (tea, coffee and water). At every venue, we had to use sanitising gel on entering and leaving, and the Captain gave out hygene advice every day as well as keeping us informed of the situation. Unfortunately, some passengers didn't think that these precautions applied to them and went out of their way to try and avoid using the hand gel.Some of those infected did NOT STAY IN THEIR CABINS as instructed, and consequently infected more passengers. Some wouldn't even wash their hands when leaving the toilets, and thus confrontations occurred with the passengers who were adhering to the sanitising procedures.The virus was finally killed off two days before arriving back at Southampton. So P&O Aurora, well done.

For those of you that are not aware, Aurora will bet getting a £3m makeover in Nov-Dec and will be in a German dry dock for 20days.  Cafe Bordeux will be replaced by the Glass House. The library will be replaced by an Indian restaurant and it will go into the Uganda Room. Monte Carlo and Champions bar will merge into one large venue. Carpets and TVs will be replaced and she will have the new Union Flag logo on her bow, along with the new colours on her funnel.

Given her age, it is probably the right time for a makeover and she will then be a more modern addition to the fleet.

your comments would be welcome, Capt, Bludnut

Welcome to the site Capt. Bludnut.

I have to say that I have heard various reports about Intercruises not only from the coaches that they use but also that, if they do not have enough passengers they could use a mini bus with a trailer on the back or even leave you without coach travel. Whether that is true or not I do not know so don't take it as read. I have to say though that I have always used Eavesway and even though P & O do not advertise them they are still providing an excellent service and even Bolsover are advertising them in their latest edition of their magazine. They also (although I don't know if they are doing it at present) sometimes do half price deals or 2 for 1 on coach travel aswell. It is well worth sticking with Eavesway even though there is some contention relating to getting off the ship for the Eavesway coaches.

Anyways, in relation to your cruise I hope you enjoyed it even though the dreaded NV was on board. Was it the strictly cruise that you were on? 

You will always get the people who think that they are above using gels etc and the disgusting ones who refuse to wash their hands so the only thing that you can do is to look after your own hygiene and do all you can to protect yourself. Ok the staff do their best and have to serve you etc but they are just looking after your welfare and its a small price to pay if it protects you.

Anyway enjoy the forum and we look forward to hearing more from you.

TPP smile.png

We were on the Aurora at the beginning of September and I dont think we had any cases of NV aboard.

As always we used Eavesway and as always received their usual professional and comfortable service.

When disembarking at Southampton on 25th September The time given for Intercruises was 9-00 am and for Eavesway was 9-15 am so it would appear that P & O do recognise Eavesway.

It looks to me as though the passengers using Intercruises are those that opt for free travel - I may be wrong and if so please forgive me.

We have just booked Eavesway for next April and at the moment they are giving £10 per passenger discount - not much but every little helps, as one advert says.

David

Have tried both Intercruises and Eavesway anf I have got to say Eavesway wins hands down. The quality of the coaches as well as the service given by the drivers is as always superb. We disembarked one cruise at Southampton and walked up and down the row of coaches for 35 minutes trying to find the correct one for our eventual destination - no indications on the widscreen which coach was travelling where and the drivers reaction was that it was a joke. Not impressive.

You are right June, Intercruise do provide the free travel for P&O and all because Eavesway wouldnt be held to ransom to P&O.

Here is a tip that i always do, if you want to travel by coach and you are chosing a deal with it on, then say you would rather have the On board Spend and book the coach with eavesway direct, that way you are guaranteeing the fantastic service they have always provided and not turning up in some old sharabang they have subcontracted

ron likes this

You are right June, Intercruise do provide the free travel for P&O and all because Eavesway wouldnt be held to ransom to P&O.

Here is a tip that i always do, if you want to travel by coach and you are chosing a deal with it on, then say you would rather have the On board Spend and book the coach with eavesway direct, that way you are guaranteeing the fantastic service they have always provided and not turning up in some old sharabang they have subcontracted

Couldn't agree more

boomboomtime likes this

I have travelled with Intercruises before and it was a Coopers coach.  It was an older coach without a toilet but the service was still good. I didnt have any problems but i have seen the Eavesway coaches at the port and they do look much more modern. 

Have never travelled with Intercruises and why would you ....when you can travel in absolute safety & comfort with Eavesway , you can even enjoy a nap on the journey after a tiring start !

Last time we travelled we were on one of their new Van Hool luxury coaches which all have free wifi and electronic destination displays .

We have used Eavesway 3 times since they lost the contract with P&O ,

Never have we been delayed arriving at port & Never have we been disadvantaged by P&O when leaving the ship .

On all of our cruises we have left the ship at 9.15 am (our allocated time) and been onboard the coach by 9.30 am with All Eavesway passengers.

ron, boomboomtime and hturtle like this

We have travelled on both Eavesway and Intercruises, the last one was in September from Woodhall and yes it was Coopers. No toilet and no safety announcement at all. All we were told was use your seatbelts if you wish, it's left to you. We didn't even know the drivers name either going down or coming back. We have travelled on many coaches and can honestly say that on all, apart from Coppers a full safety announcement has been made. Neither my husband or myself appreciate the Coopers drivers being so close to the vehicle in front. Think that p&o should take note.

Would not use anyone but Eavesway, would rather pay and have the comfort, safety and professionalism of the Eavesway staff. The drivers are alway courteous, helpful and accommodating, and the coaches are top notch.

We have a,ways had a safety notice either from the driver direct or on the newer coaches via the onboard TV screen. We always feel in safe hands on Eavesway coaches and can see no reason to change. Would rather have the OBS.

Quite right PP the more people complain then maybe just maybe somebody at P&O will realize they are upsetting there passengers,as when you are on an excursion with P&O abroad they always insist on good quality coaches for there passengers were practical.wink.png

Reply to pesky pirate.

If you look in P and O brochure (January 2016-March 2017) bottom of page 39. " coach collection/drop-off points may not be central to town or city indicated. Service is subject to minimum numbers and Cruise Connect reserves the right to cancel the service 28 days prior to embarkation if deemed necessaty"

Reply to pesky pirate.

If you look in P and O brochure (January 2016-March 2017) bottom of page 39. " coach collection/drop-off points may not be central to town or city indicated. Service is subject to minimum numbers and Cruise Connect reserves the right to cancel the service 28 days prior to embarkation if deemed necessaty"

In all honesty I don't read about the coach drop off points in the P & O brochure as I have no intention of using intercruises but as previously stated it has been said that they do cancel the coach travel whereby when asked Eavesway did say that they will always operate. Although Eavesway's drop off points are not centrally located but are more likely to be on a motorway.

The point is though, if a person was to forego their on board credit in order to use the coach service provided and that service is cancelled due to lack of take up will P & O then reimburse the on board credit in its place…. I would doubt it but it would be interesting to know.