Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KeithnRita

Table Size? Do You Have A Preference?

13 posts in this topic

What size diner table to you prefer while on a cruise? We've had a table for two up to a  table for twelve. The table for two was a special request and we really enjoyed it. We were  treated like royalty while celebrating our actual wedding anniversary on board. The table  for twelve was a request, as well, when we met up with others we cruised with in the past.  Generally if we are cruising alone we like a round table for eight which is a great way to  meet interesting people. We have been lucky so far (knock on wood) we have not had any table mates from hell! Of course, maybe some thought we were! Also, the rectangular diner tables we don't particularity like.

WAVES likes this

I prefer a table of eight as the conversations vary each night and I find the evening more enjoyable, only ever had one cruise where I didn't really enjoy the other table companions.  My next cruise I am going to try Freedom dinning so fingers crossed it is OK I thought it high time I gave it a go.

KeithnRita likes this

We prefer the table for 8, 2nd sitting, and the round table.

Our reasoning being that with 3 other couples it will be easier  to get on with and share experiences

David

paul1924 likes this

Tables for 8 are usually a good mix of passengers and always a good idea for those new to cruising to pick up ideas and tips. Open or Freedom dining will give passengers the opportunity to change from tables for 2 to as many as tables for 12 all within the same cruise - good idea for meeting a variety of different cruisers.

Hi It's personal choice, there's no right or wrong answer to the question of table size.  Some passengers prefer a small table others prefer a larger one.  On a personal level I prefer open seating dining and can choice the table size on wishes that evening.

Our first cruise we were on a table for 6 and whilst it was ok, the other two couples knew each other and had booked the cruise together so we felt slightly like interlopers, the last two were on tables for 8 land it worked much better, bearing in mind that on some occasions a couple may be missing due to dining at a different location. Sitting preference got to be 2nd

I prefer 4 or 6 as my husband is slightly hard of hearing and finds to many people talking at once i.e. on a table for 8 too difficult.

I would prefer a table for 6 or 8 but my wife always asks for a table for 2, while I love my wife and we've enjoyed many cruises together after being together all night and day it is good to mix with others and have conversation with others, indeed doing this we have made a number of friends who we are still in contact with. Yes  you can get a bad experience but on most occasions this is not the case.

We're off again in a month for 4 weeks on QM2 again we've asked for a table for 2, I hoping they're all gone.