Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AFC04/03

Talent Show's Aboard.. Light Entertainment, Or Ego's Gone Wild.

8 posts in this topic

Just had an entertaining chat with one of my colleagues who recently got back from a cruise, we where discussing the shows when he told me about 'Oceana's got talent' cue stories of tired jokes told by a man who was in his own words "the life and soul of the party", dancing from half sozzled ladies old enough to know better and some genuinely talented teenagers in a makeshift band. Safe to say there is always a mixed bag of talent during any cruise, but is it good fun all round or filler material used by ships to let the "I could do better brigade" have their ego's stroked... thoughts??

Hmnnn. Not really my scene though my good lady wife enjoys them.

Fortunately they are usually produced on the penultimate day of a cruise and, with Solent Barbara out watching the 'talent', I get to do my packing in peace.

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

In my opinion its cheap entertainment provided by cruise lines and gives ammunition for the "Butlins at Sea" brigade and is certainly not my cup of tea exactly the same as Karaoke.

ron likes this

In my opinion its cheap entertainment provided by cruise lines and gives ammunition for the "Butlins at Sea" brigade and is certainly not my cup of tea exactly the same as Karaoke.

OMG. Nearly in harmony with you Shilly. Only nearly.

i would absolutely love this! not to take part of course! but... to watch everyone taking part making a fool of themselves... thats the entertainment!

Hi  I totally with most forum members that the majority of passengers have little talent but deluded enough to believe that they can entertain an audience.  However, on one cruise I undertook a passenger did "do a turn" and he was very good, his name was Michael Buble (he was travelling as a paying passenger and not as a ship board entertainer) ,I wonder what happened to him?

willow_12 likes this

Sounds like a smaller version of two certain television programmes that have a habit of turning up on our screens I can honestly say I don't watch them and will not be watching the nautical version,looks like a beeline to the Nest or Andersons for me when or if it's on during my cruise

ron likes this